Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: bmw 2002 - Forums and insights, pics, etc..., good forums?
Gint
post Nov 28 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #41

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 28 2010, 09:49 AM) *
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 28 2010, 10:27 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) That pickup bed conversion was in a pic thread on one of the BMW forums. No detail at all, just the pic.

I wish you lived around here Rick. I'd buy the white one cheap and have you show me how to replace the front apron! I could do the rest easily enough.
Ya, wished I lived further west and didn't need to work 24/7. I would luv to do nothing but work on cars all day. Maybe in the next life. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Hey don't get pissy with me Mr. You and you're grumbly smiley face. What are you doing pecking a keyboard? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) Get back to work! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McMark
post Nov 28 2010, 11:38 AM
Post #42

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

I thought you were moving out to join Original Customs, Rick? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Nov 28 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #43

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 28 2010, 11:38 AM) *

I thought you were moving out to join Original Customs, Rick? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

well, who knows where life leads you. For now I'm here and making money. Better than the alternative. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

But I'm not here to hijack Gint's 2002 thread that turned into an M3 and Avant thread. So... Here's what happens when you sell a seriously High Performance M3 to an inexperienced 18 yr old kid. 30 days to the day. scrape metal. A modded M3 is serious business.

From this: I bought this car wrecked. Beleive it or not I fixed this panel with "very" little filler.

Attached Image

To this: My son Aric. This was his Highschool driver. Never got a ticket with this car. That's respect for the power.

Attached Image

To this: His highschool friend bugged us until we gave in and sold it to him. I lectured the kid like I was his dad and a police officer. My words fell on deaf ears.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Gint
post Nov 28 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #44

Mike Ginter

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) No worries about a hijack Rick. I got the info I was looking for and the thread turned into my BS'ing with friends about the direction I was heading and why. That's one of the coolest things about this site. - That kid really did Fuchup that M3. Damn! What a shame.

Speaking of where life takes you... One of the advantages of looking specific models of one, two or more different cars is that you can let the market dictate where you end up. Almost the exact model Audi I was looking for came along. I made a deal and a deposit to buy this car this afternoon. It's pretty nice for it's age. That's not the actual pic of the car in the craigslist ad. But the car is lowered with H&R's and RS4 wheels. I forgot to look to see if they were 18 or 19's. Extra set of factory 5 spokes with Michelin snows. The only thing I could have different would be white instead of pearl white, but whaddyagonnado? The tii will come another day, 'cause I haven't scratched of my list yet.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2080208891.html
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Nov 28 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #45

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Not a 2002. Oh well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yawn.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Nov 28 2010, 07:53 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755
Region Association: None

Attached Image...and you can't turbo a 2002 Tii either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Marty
+Quote Post
Gint
post Nov 28 2010, 08:39 PM
Post #47

Mike Ginter

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 28 2010, 06:18 PM) *
Not a 2002. Oh well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yawn.gif)
Oh now there's a commentary. Don't you drive a subaru wagon with a rainbow sticker? When it runs I mean. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Nov 28 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #48

And a bus with a bored out 3.1 corvair engine, and a BMW R90/6, and a 914 with a 2.7 /6 in it, and.....

Funny thing is, I am looking at ways to turbo and lift the suby right now.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Nov 28 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #49

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 28 2010, 05:05 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) No worries about a hijack Rick. I got the info I was looking for and the thread turned into my BS'ing with friends about the direction I was heading and why. That's one of the coolest things about this site. - That kid really did Fuchup that M3. Damn! What a shame.

Speaking of where life takes you... One of the advantages of looking specific models of one, two or more different cars is that you can let the market dictate where you end up. Almost the exact model Audi I was looking for came along. I made a deal and a deposit to buy this car this afternoon. It's pretty nice for it's age. That's not the actual pic of the car in the craigslist ad. But the car is lowered with H&R's and RS4 wheels. I forgot to look to see if they were 18 or 19's. Extra set of factory 5 spokes with Michelin snows. The only thing I could have different would be white instead of pearl white, but whaddyagonnado? The tii will come another day, 'cause I haven't scratched of my list yet.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2080208891.html

Very nice! Just make sure you do the belt service and you should be fine. Doesn't that thing have like 5 balljoints per sides?
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Nov 29 2010, 07:40 PM
Post #50

En Garde!

Member No.: 1,435

This thread is a place I should not be.
I occasionally think of selling my 914 to buy a 2002 so I can take the family out. I really love those little old cars.
Zach
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Nov 29 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #51

Selling one to buy a different one? That is just retarded.
+Quote Post
Gint
post Nov 29 2010, 09:30 PM
Post #52

Mike Ginter

Anywho... I'm not dead yet. The 2002 will come another day. In the meantime this addition to the fleet will have to do.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry1400351

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 07:52 AM