Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Artwork for WCR 2011..Anyone and everyones opinion!, Do we want to use old or new?
montoya 73 2.0
post Dec 12 2010, 05:14 PM
Post #1

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

Do we want to use the existing artwork or create something new? I'm partial to the existing design and if we pick that, what do we want to add to the "Sail" to say "Oregon"?

I'm going to ask Ken for the artwork or discuss what we would like. I was going to see what some 2" x 3" Dash Plaques would cost?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JRust
post Dec 12 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Dec 12 2010, 03:14 PM) *

Do we want to use the existing artwork or create something new? I'm partial to the existing design and if we pick that, what do we want to add to the "Sail" to say "Oregon"?

I'm going to ask Ken for the artwork or discuss what we would like. I was going to see what some 2" x 3" Dash Plaques would cost?

Not exactly sure what the current artwork is? Do you mean like last years logo for WCR but just changing the year?I kind of like that for the small front logo. Be cool if we could have something with crater lake integrated on the back?
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Dec 12 2010, 11:02 PM
Post #3

Last years shirt had the 914 world.com logo on front. I was thinking the same as you were saying with the back. Change the Tahoe reference to the crater lake reference but basically the same.

Do we want to put the sail in the front and crater lake on the back?
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Dec 17 2010, 12:11 AM
Post #4

I spoke with ken, He and his wife said they would like to help us with the new artwork. The following is his email;

We would be happy to create the artwork at no cost to the event. There are a couple of things we would need to know.

1. Your ideas on the changes to the design. Add delete elements, car color, etc.
2. Whether both color and black and white versions would be needed. The artwork is initially created in color but if you will need a black and white version some changes are normally made so that version looks good.
3. Will you need a version of artwork for a hat? Usually a little simpler than the full version so the smaller size looks good.

We usually deliver the artwork via email to you with copies to shirt printers, hat, mug, decal producers you designate.

Let me know,

Ken

I need some input from you Jamie (everyone and anyone else!) so we can get this going ASAP. We also need to decide what exactly we are going to offer as far as Hats, Shirts, stickers, etc. As soon as we finalize the artwork I would like to see about dash plaques and see if Dan Dixon can machine the design into some dog tags.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Dec 17 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #5

914 Guru

I don't know Drew! I'd like to see Crater Lake incorporated in the picture but I am not sure how. I know squat about design. Hats are kind of a pain in the ass. I don't remember there being alot of interest in hats in previous years. I'm open to whatever though if the designers have something they think works for hats. I guess we aren't out any money as people will need to preorder.

I know this was a big boon to the WCR fund last year. Really helped keep the cost of the event down & had money left over. That is going to help pay for the AutoX. Or the possibility is there for it anyway.
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Dec 17 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #6

The hat thing was a thought after Ken mentioned it. We don't have to include them.

I'm thinking the sail with the date and location on the front upper right corner. Then on the back Crater Lake with a few 914's in the foreground (see below)? Any suggestions on colors of the cars?

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
JoeSharp
post Jan 1 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #7

In Irvine, Ca. May 15-18

Member No.: 898
Region Association: South East States

Good morning Gentelmen. I was just thinking of this yesterday. The easyest way would to let Ken's wife just change the date. Water and pine tres in the background. But it won't really look like Carter Lake. So my sugestion is to ask her. Sorry I can't remebr her name.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jan 20 2011, 12:17 PM
Post #8

914 Guru

Hey Drew anything new with the design? I need to start putting costs together to figure out registration. I doubt the design will change the pricing structure much. So if we can get what the cost will be for shirts in increments. Say 40,60,80,100 as I know quite a few members that can't be there would like some. However the price break works. Typically the more we order the cheaper it gets. I want to have the registration cost finalized by the end of the month if possible. Of course alot of that relies on track. Talk to you soon
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Jan 20 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #9

I contacted Ken again, he hasn't replied as of yet. I invited him to be in this forum so I hope he chimes in soon!
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jan 26 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #10

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Whoops, I've been snoozing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yawn.gif)

I say just give them the info and let them make the design. They do a great job and they've got the 'eye' for this stuff. I like keeping the theme going though. Consistency.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jan 28 2011, 11:57 PM
Post #11

914 Guru

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jan 20 2011, 10:44 AM) *

I contacted Ken again, he hasn't replied as of yet. I invited him to be in this forum so I hope he chimes in soon!

Here is Ken's number 831-262-4222. Rob gave it to me the other night. Hopefully we can get something squared away there soon. It would be great to get an order thread started with what it will look like.The sooner we get it the better we can assess what costs will be. Hopefully we can get alot of extra shirts sold to help keep registration costs low.
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Jan 29 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #12

I just spoke to Ken, He will be joining this thread soon possibly with some show and tell! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 28 2011, 09:57 PM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jan 20 2011, 10:44 AM) *

Here is Ken's number 831-262-4222. Rob gave it to me the other night. Hopefully we can get something squared away there soon. It would be great to get an order thread started with what it will look like.The sooner we get it the better we can assess what costs will be. Hopefully we can get alot of extra shirts sold to help keep registration costs low.

+Quote Post
JRust
post Feb 6 2011, 05:30 PM
Post #13

914 Guru

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jan 29 2011, 02:53 PM) *

I just spoke to Ken, He will be joining this thread soon possibly with some show and tell! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) I am so waiting too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) . Thanks in advance Ken
+Quote Post
Britain Smith
post Feb 7 2011, 11:49 PM
Post #14

Nano Member

Member No.: 364

Maybe run the idea past the ChuckC guy who did the fantastic drawing of Chris Foley's car.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-...-1297133505.jpg
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Feb 12 2011, 02:53 PM
Post #15

Dan Dixon has made these from 16ga. Polished Stainless (mirror finish), He has said he probably will darken the etching. what do you all think?

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

He has them at $4.50 ea. with a minimum of 30 pieces.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Feb 12 2011, 10:17 PM
Post #16

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Those are cool! The font isn't my favorite. But I'm nit-picky. I like them regardless.
+Quote Post
kenschipper
post Feb 17 2011, 07:37 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 2,025
Region Association: Northern California

Sorry for the delay in joining the Forum. Will be working on ideas the next few days. Hope to add crater lake and pines to previous designs to see how they look. Will post examples when they are available.

Ken Schipper
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Feb 17 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #18

Thank you Ken. Look forward to seeing your design.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Feb 18 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #19

914 Guru

QUOTE(kenschipper @ Feb 17 2011, 05:37 PM) *

Sorry for the delay in joining the Forum. Will be working on ideas the next few days. Hope to add crater lake and pines to previous designs to see how they look. Will post examples when they are available.

Ken Schipper

Awesome Ken (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) I can't wait to see them. Will the design make much difference on the price? Trying to figure registration costs now. IT would help to have an idea what the shirts will run. Within reason of course as prices change. A close guestimate would be cool. Say for 40 - 60 or 80 ? Thanks- Jamie
+Quote Post
danno55
post Mar 3 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #20

Unregistered

Hey guys,

Thanks for including me in the super secret planning committee (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) The font on the dog tags can totally be changed. Drew...you mentioned using a "Porsche" font. Pardon my ignorance, but is there really such a thing? I'm sure I could copy the font if I had an example of the letters...anyone know where I would find this? Also is everyone in agreement on adding "Medford, OR" to the bottom?
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:05 PM