Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Artwork for WCR 2011..Anyone and everyones opinion!, Do we want to use old or new?
JRust
post Mar 18 2011, 01:21 PM
Post #41

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I know it is quantity based. I was hoping Ken could give us an estimate. We know the shirt size will vary a bit. If we can get a basic estimate from him. Have him error on the high side with his estimate. Then we add a bit to that & go to preselling them. The sooner we start the presell the better (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 19 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #42

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

You should get an estimate local to the person handling the shirts. Have Ken send the art work in varying color saturation. Full color is most expensive, and it gets cheaper from there. If you use PayPal when people order, make sure they include a note with size, number of shirts, screen name and address if they are not picking up at the event. Tracking this down after the fact is a pain.
If you get on this now, you can have your shirts distributed at the event. My one little nightmare was that delays with the shirts caused them to be available for pick up on Thursday morning with the event gathering that afternoon in Tahoe!!! I had to leave so I ended up giving free registration to someone for picking them up and delivering them to Tahoe.
I am available for questions if you have any... PM me directly... Oh, by the way $15 is a little on the low side if you want to use the shirts to offset other costs. $20 is very palatable to our membership. That is what we charged and they had no proble with it...
Rob
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Mar 21 2011, 02:44 PM
Post #43

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

I went to a local shirt place, Here is what I was quoted at a count of 100 shirts;

6.1 oz. white shirt or Light (Grey or what the industry calls Ash, a little heavier than white) Sizes Small - XL with full color logo on back and (if we want) a single black logo on left upper chest are $8.00

Same shirt as above except "Black" (all black text, lines and art will be changed to white) is $9.50

2XL - add $2.00 to original price
3XL - add $4.00 to original price
4XL - add $6.00 to original price

Jamie check in your area, or whomever would like to get a 2nd or 3rd quote would be nice! Are we close to you guys from last year Rob?
+Quote Post
McMark
post Mar 21 2011, 03:03 PM
Post #44

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Is that screen printed or transfer?

Seems too cheap for full color screen printed. So keep in mind that the transfer printing shirts aren't as high quality, don't last as long, but are much cheaper.
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Mar 21 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #45

If the order is under a dozen, it will be a transfer. It wouldn't be worth there time and money for set-up and such to silkscreen less than a dozen. It makes sense.

It will be silkscreen with 4 colors (atleast he said it was 4 colors being used in the logo).
+Quote Post
McMark
post Mar 21 2011, 03:28 PM
Post #46

914 Freak!

Ah, okay. That makes more sense. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Mar 21 2011, 03:36 PM
Post #47

I think I'm going to go back and be sure about how many colors he is quoting versus what is there.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 22 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #48

Apex killer!

Drew,
Send me a copy of the artwork and I will run it by the supplier that did it last year. We might be able to get a little bit of a discount if they think they might do an annual thing...

I know for sure they didn't charge extra for larger size shirts except the 4XL that went to BKLA
+Quote Post
danno55
post Mar 22 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #49

Unregistered

Attached File  DOGTAGS.pdf ( 24.73k ) Number of downloads: 118

Ok, after some rearranging (and some help from Mark) here are three different examples of the dogtags. Personally...i think they all look a bit "busy" with everything all on one side. Obviously, anything and everything can be scaled to what ever size looks good, I just threw this together for everyone elses opinions. Since its not possible to etch the back side of these...would it be possible to make a small sticker (was thinking of the 914 world logo) to go on the backside? Just a thought. Hopefully the pdf is easily viewed, I couldn't get it to just post on here.

+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Mar 23 2011, 08:48 AM
Post #50

I like the middle one. I see what your saying as far as being busy. Maybe we can have the world logo etched on the back (Mark)? How would that look and would that even work?
+Quote Post
McMark
post Mar 24 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #51

914 Freak!

I can't cut the vinyl that small. The little pieces of the globe would disappear, and the centers of the 9 and R would blow away in the blast cabinet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

How about a bigger WCR? There's a lot of info on there, but I don't think it's too complicated. I think it'll look better in person.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
danno55
post Mar 24 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #52

Unregistered

QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 24 2011, 11:49 AM) *

I can't cut the vinyl that small. The little pieces of the globe would disappear, and the centers of the 9 and R would blow away in the blast cabinet. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

How about a bigger WCR? There's a lot of info on there, but I don't think it's too complicated. I think it'll look better in person.

Works for me if everyone else likes.
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Mar 24 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #53

count me in.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Mar 25 2011, 12:21 AM
Post #54

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 24 2011, 10:16 PM) *

count me in.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 25 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #55

Apex killer!

I had to prod the supplier of last years t-shirts to get her to work on a quote but I think she will have one together for tomorrow. She thought it should be about the same as last year which if I recall correctly was at about $7.50/shirt in that quantity... I forget how many colors we used last year but they were not full color.
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Mar 25 2011, 09:09 AM
Post #56

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 24 2011, 11:51 PM) *

I had to prod the supplier of last years t-shirts to get her to work on a quote but I think she will have one together for tomorrow. She thought it should be about the same as last year which if I recall correctly was at about $7.50/shirt in that quantity... I forget how many colors we used last year but they were not full color.

Is she quoting the same as posted?
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 25 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #57

Apex killer!

Drew,
She is quoting for the same quality as last year. In quantities of 100 they run 9.45 each. I was wrong about last year. This is roughly the same. McMark was right when he said your quote sounds a little low. You can get had on t-shirt quality so be watchful of that...

That is a firm quote and she needs only artwork and specific sizes to get started. Anything over XL is nominally extra but not in the $2 range of your quote.
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Mar 25 2011, 09:23 PM
Post #58

I had spoke to three shops here in town before going into one and speaking with and receiving the quote from the owner. He had shown me three different samples of shirts to choose from, I chose the middle (6.1 oz.) instead of the top which was a Beefy-T (100% cotton). I want a thicker shirt than last years, it seemed a little thin to me. I hope its not to much to ask what the weight of their shirt is and what's the price for black and ash? Personally, I would like to order black or ash for myself. White gets too dirty.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Mar 27 2011, 02:05 AM
Post #59

Apex killer!

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 25 2011, 07:23 PM) *

I had spoke to three shops here in town before going into one and speaking with and receiving the quote from the owner. He had shown me three different samples of shirts to choose from, I chose the middle (6.1 oz.) instead of the top which was a Beefy-T (100% cotton). I want a thicker shirt than last years, it seemed a little thin to me. I hope its not to much to ask what the weight of their shirt is and what's the price for black and ash? Personally, I would like to order black or ash for myself. White gets too dirty.

I can call on Monday... I assume the artwork will work with a black shirt?
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Mar 27 2011, 02:08 PM
Post #60

The guy I spoke with said he would have to change all the black to white but other than that it should work.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:52 AM