Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bleeding brakes
watsonrx13
post Dec 13 2010, 08:37 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 312
Region Association: South East States

Brake bleeding issues.

I'm using the long tube method to bleed the brakes. I worked from rr, lr, rf, lf. I didn't have any problems bleeding the rr but when I hooked the hose up to the bleeder and pumped the brake pedal there was a lot of air bubbles in the line. I checked that the tube was attached completely and tried again. I was still getting air bubbles in the line. If I closed the bleeder and pumped the brake pedal it would firm up after a couple of pumps. I tried this 4-5 times but I always got air bubbles in the line. Is it possible that the bleeder screw is allowing air into the tube? If so, can I use teflon tape to better seal the threads? Any other suggestions?

All of the calipers have been rebuilt by Eric. I've set the venting clearance on the rear calipers and the pads are new.

-- Rob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:52 AM