Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Car of the Month Contest, Where your Vote really counts
COTM
Car of the Month for Jan/Feb 2011
thomasotten [ 35 ] ** [15.77%]
RacerChris [ 53 ] ** [23.87%]
Computers4Kids [ 31 ] ** [13.96%]
ScooterD [ 94 ] ** [42.34%]
7275914911 [ 9 ] ** [4.05%]
Total Votes: 222

carr914
post Dec 14 2010, 01:33 AM
Post #1

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

The Voting is Open and as usual we have a Great Group of Cars ( & owners) to choose from.

The Voting will conclude on Christmas Eve, so that the Winner (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) gets an extra Present under the Tree (IMG:style_emoticons/default/santa_smiley.gif) . It also gives me enough to time to forward the info onto the Admins to update the Homepage

The Winner gets their Teener featured on the Home Page for January & February and gets Notation in their Signature.

It is the job of the Nominee ( or the person that nominated the car ( or friends)) to gives us more info and pictures of the cars - It's your time to help get your car some votes. Let us know what year your car is, what mods have been done ( or is it bone stock), what exact color it is. When the Winner is on the HomePage we normally put 3 or 4 pictures in, so show us your car

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 14 2010, 01:35 AM
Post #2

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

#1 - thomasotten

Attached Image
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 14 2010, 01:36 AM
Post #3

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

I guess I'll start the voting with a vote for ScooterD's car... #4 ScooterD

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 14 2010, 01:37 AM
Post #4

Racer from Birth

#2 - RacerChris

Attached Image
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 14 2010, 01:38 AM
Post #5

Apex killer!

As close to 914 perfection I have seen outside of Paul Sayegh's driveway... More #4 ScooterD

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 14 2010, 01:39 AM
Post #6

Racer from Birth

#3 - Computers4Kids

Attached Image
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 14 2010, 01:42 AM
Post #7

Racer from Birth

#4 - ScooterD

Attached Image
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 14 2010, 01:44 AM
Post #8

Racer from Birth

#5 - 7275914911

Attached Image
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 14 2010, 01:46 AM
Post #9

Racer from Birth

Rob, gets the Campaign Manager of the Year award for sneaking in while I'm posting pictures (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
post Dec 14 2010, 06:42 AM
Post #10

Hummmm!!!

Member No.: 9,028

Attached Image

Not sure why i'm wasting my time adding extra pics....Thx Shoe and BJ??

3 cherry ass cars and The Race car....Jeez this is a tough crowd.

Truly not deserving till she gets a fresh coat of paint??
+Quote Post
post Dec 14 2010, 06:49 AM
Post #11

Hummmm!!!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Dec 14 2010, 08:11 AM
Post #12

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

QUOTE(7275914911 @ Dec 14 2010, 06:49 AM) *

Attached Image

Sweet looking ride and a 2 time class champion SCCA racer. Getty dash is really nice too.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 14 2010, 09:05 AM
Post #13

Apex killer!

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 13 2010, 11:46 PM) *

Rob, gets the Campaign Manager of the Year award for sneaking in while I'm posting pictures (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

LOL! I was just doing my nightly patrol of 914World before bed and I saw your first post. It said to add pictures and details so I just went wild... Then, I discovered that you were still in the process of assembling your COTM balloting thread. Sorry TC. Besides, what the hell are you doing up at that time of the night? It was late HERE! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

By the way, I hardly know Scott Detro (ScooterD). I put an ad for a set of brand new SSI stainless steel heat exchangers in the Classified section for like $900 a few years back thinking no one will buy them because the market hasn't reached the value where I can sell them. BOOM! Scott calls and wants me to check the flanges with a magnet. Yup, they are all stainless. A couple hours later, he shows up with cash in fist and within a span of a minute or two he is gone. A year later I saw the car at San Rafael and realized what an immaculate creation he had built...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
carr914
post Dec 14 2010, 09:21 AM
Post #14

Racer from Birth

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 14 2010, 10:05 AM) *

LOL! Sorry TC. Besides, what the hell are you doing up at that time of the night? It was late HERE! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

Just some Night Trolling. It was so Cold, I went to bed early then woke up in the middle of the night.

Plus I knew I was going to be busy today - work & Xmas Party
+Quote Post
Jakeodoule
post Dec 14 2010, 09:43 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 9,630
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 14 2010, 07:05 AM) *

LOL! I was just doing my nightly patrol of 914World before bed and I saw your first post. It said to add pictures and details so I just went wild... Then, I discovered that you were still in the process of assembling your COTM balloting thread. Sorry TC. Besides, what the hell are you doing up at that time of the night? It was late HERE! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

By the way, I hardly know Scott Detro (ScooterD). I put an ad for a set of brand new SSI stainless steel heat exchangers in the Classified section for like $900 a few years back thinking no one will buy them because the market hasn't reached the value where I can sell them. BOOM! Scott calls and wants me to check the flanges with a magnet. Yup, they are all stainless. A couple hours later, he shows up with cash in fist and within a span of a minute or two he is gone. A year later I saw the car at San Rafael and realized what an immaculate creation he had built...

This is my car.....
I took this picture while the infamous Dr. Evil was driving.

+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Dec 14 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #16

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

All the 914's are terrific ! Here's a shout-out for Mark Blantons V8 conversion. The build was documented here. One of my favorite conversions... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Dec 14 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #17

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

I'll start with some "ancient" history.
I bought my 1970 1.7L in 1984 for $2000 with just over 100K miles. I named it the Tangerine Dream after the German electronic rock group.
After owning the car for only a few weeks I found lots of questionable metal repairs and started down the path to a career in welding/fabrication.

This is what it looked like back in December '84, the first winter I owned the car:
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.tangerineracing.com-209-1292349065.1.jpg)

After driving it for 2 years I parked it to work on the major rust issues (longs, hell hole, etc.)
I went into business in 1988 so the car sat under cover for a few more years.

The next time it saw pavement was October 1994, when I debuted it in SCCA ITB trim. I promptly wrecked it during qualifying. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
By the following spring it was ready for action again, and I competed in the full NARRC series in '95 and '96.

Here's what it looked like in '96 at Pocono, heading into The Devils Elbow:
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.tangerineracing.com-209-1292349065.2.jpg)

and at Watkins Glen coming out of The Boot:
Attached Image

Some exciting moments at Lime Rock:
Attached Image
Attached Image

I spent most of '97 upgrading the car to Production specs and went to an SCCA Regional at The Glen for the shakedown. Here I am on the pregrid for the first practice session running in E Production.
Attached Image

In 1998 I won the NARRC regional championship in E Prod.

(more to come)
+Quote Post
post Dec 14 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #18

Hummmm!!!

Attached ImageAttached Image

Thanks to the 5 that have voted my way so far....
My vote went to ScooterD what a beautiful car!!
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Dec 14 2010, 12:58 PM
Post #19

Apex killer!

QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Dec 14 2010, 07:43 AM) *

This is my car.....

Chill Bitch! I'll put up any picture I want! (Barrio apology) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
Jakeodoule
post Dec 14 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 9,630
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 14 2010, 10:58 AM) *

QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ Dec 14 2010, 07:43 AM) *

This is my car.....

Chill Bitch! I'll put up any picture I want! (Barrio apology) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)

Your right about being able to post any picture you want.
But I aint yours or anyone else's bitch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:12 PM