Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 2056cc Turnkey Type IV Big Bore dual Weber Engine (SOLD!)
SchantzMD
post Dec 15 2010, 10:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,233

3 minute Youtube Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_sm-6DK5DE

SOLD! Thanks for all the interest!

Complete Turnkey Engine, just hook up 1 fuel line and 1 electrical plug. This engine is fully rebuilt and Worldwide shipping is available. Any questions can be directed to schantzmd@aol.com.

Price: $4499 member price with no core needed.

96mm x 71mm Big bore, Type IV Porsche 914 GA engine case, dual rebuilt 40mm Italian Webers, Flat Top pistons, Fully rebuilt 021 heads, Approximately 8.5:1 compression ratio, DR-280 solid lifter Camshaft with a 280/280 Duration, Intake lift of .433", and Exhaust lift of .416", 009 distributor, Engine is built for a daily driver with approximately 110-115 BHp and a usable power band from idle to 5500 RPM.

The test video shows a 3 minute clip of the engine an hour and half into the test run. The charging voltage is displayed on the left meter and is approximately 14.1 V and the RPM is shown on the right meter. My test pipe exhaust system is hooked up so each cylinder could be inspected while running.

P.S. Sorry for the shaky/crummy video, I'm an engineering student, not a cameraman.

Mike (951)323-9396

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
detoxcowboy
post Dec 23 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

Mike,

Merry x-mas!! Free bump, I am going to have to get over and see your garage again one of these days..you would'nt have a rear trunk floor padding in great shape laying around? -Joe
+Quote Post
SchantzMD
post Jan 4 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #3

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) for new year!
+Quote Post
detoxcowboy
post Jan 4 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) Happy New Year!!

-I am going to drop by one of these weekends, I wanna scope your stash for a little wiring project I have.. Joe

Mike is well known in So Cal.; (He is not a "lurker" just a busy person) has a lot full of 914's, is an engineer with a very cool shop and attitude. Everything he sell and or restores comes out bitchin!..
+Quote Post
ScottD914
post Jan 6 2011, 08:40 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,506

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Nice looking rebuild! A point of curiosity on the 8.1:1 CR: Is that a design feature you picked or just the way the parts came together? The engine I built recently (but has yet to run) has a designed and built CR of 9.1:1. ScottD
+Quote Post
SchantzMD
post Jan 7 2011, 01:21 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(ScottD914 @ Jan 6 2011, 06:40 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Nice looking rebuild! A point of curiosity on the 8.1:1 CR: Is that a design feature you picked or just the way the parts came together? The engine I built recently (but has yet to run) has a designed and built CR of 9.1:1. ScottD

Hi ScottD.

Thanks for the comment and for catching the slight typo on my part since the compression ratio on this one is set at ~8.5:1.

To answer your question:
I usually try to only kick up the CR a little bit since most of my motors are setup for street use, and so engine knock on cheap 87 octane gas won't be of a major concern.
I could be wrong but I'm guessing your 9.1:1 CR setup probably has you running a deck height of about .040", but that of course depends on your head cc and piston cc #s (I'm assuming you're running dished or relieved pistons).

Anyway thanks again for catching my typo and good luck on your first fire-up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Mike
+Quote Post
rdr
post Jan 7 2011, 11:29 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 9,749
Region Association: North East States

Absolutely beautiful rebuild!
+Quote Post
ScottD914
post Jan 7 2011, 02:45 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 8,506

Thanks Mike, Interesting... I'll run with a .065 deck height, but Demello ground a 74mm crank for me and Brothers reworked and cc'd the heads to 55cc. A bit of a different configuration and it specs out at 2142cc's. Hoping it's a good combo. Good luck with your sale. SD

QUOTE(SchantzMD @ Jan 7 2011, 02:21 AM) *

QUOTE(ScottD914 @ Jan 6 2011, 06:40 AM) *

Hi ScottD.

Thanks for the comment and for catching the slight typo on my part since the compression ratio on this one is set at ~8.5:1.

To answer your question:
I usually try to only kick up the CR a little bit since most of my motors are setup for street use, and so engine knock on cheap 87 octane gas won't be of a major concern.
I could be wrong but I'm guessing your 9.1:1 CR setup probably has you running a deck height of about .040", but that of course depends on your head cc and piston cc #s (I'm assuming you're running dished or relieved pistons).

Anyway thanks again for catching my typo and good luck on your first fire-up! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Mike

+Quote Post
SchantzMD
post Jan 19 2011, 06:51 PM
Post #9

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

The engine may be sold, I will make a note if it's no longer available.
+Quote Post
SchantzMD
post Jan 28 2011, 12:18 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(SchantzMD @ Jan 19 2011, 04:51 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

The engine may be sold, I will make a note if it's no longer available.

The engine still available but may be sold within the next 2 weeks, the potential buyer is just waiting for his tax return before he makes a final decision.
+Quote Post
SchantzMD
post Feb 5 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(SchantzMD @ Dec 15 2010, 08:19 PM) *

3 minute Youtube Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_sm-6DK5DE

SOLD! Thanks for all the interest!

Complete Turnkey Engine, just hook up 1 fuel line and 1 electrical plug. This engine is fully rebuilt and Worldwide shipping is available. Any questions can be directed to schantzmd@aol.com.

Price: $4499 member price with no core needed.

96mm x 71mm Big bore, Type IV Porsche 914 GA engine case, dual rebuilt 40mm Italian Webers, Flat Top pistons, Fully rebuilt 021 heads, Approximately 8.5:1 compression ratio, DR-280 solid lifter Camshaft with a 280/280 Duration, Intake lift of .433", and Exhaust lift of .416", 009 distributor, Engine is built for a daily driver with approximately 110-115 BHp and a usable power band from idle to 5500 RPM.

The test video shows a 3 minute clip of the engine an hour and half into the test run. The charging voltage is displayed on the left meter and is approximately 14.1 V and the RPM is shown on the right meter. My test pipe exhaust system is hooked up so each cylinder could be inspected while running.

P.S. Sorry for the shaky/crummy video, I'm an engineering student, not a cameraman.

Mike (951)323-9396

SOLD, Thanks for all the interest!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:47 AM