Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 2056cc Turnkey Type IV Big Bore dual Weber Engine (SOLD!)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
SchantzMD
3 minute Youtube Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_sm-6DK5DE

SOLD! Thanks for all the interest!

Complete Turnkey Engine, just hook up 1 fuel line and 1 electrical plug. This engine is fully rebuilt and Worldwide shipping is available. Any questions can be directed to schantzmd@aol.com.

Price: $4499 member price with no core needed.

96mm x 71mm Big bore, Type IV Porsche 914 GA engine case, dual rebuilt 40mm Italian Webers, Flat Top pistons, Fully rebuilt 021 heads, Approximately 8.5:1 compression ratio, DR-280 solid lifter Camshaft with a 280/280 Duration, Intake lift of .433", and Exhaust lift of .416", 009 distributor, Engine is built for a daily driver with approximately 110-115 BHp and a usable power band from idle to 5500 RPM.

The test video shows a 3 minute clip of the engine an hour and half into the test run. The charging voltage is displayed on the left meter and is approximately 14.1 V and the RPM is shown on the right meter. My test pipe exhaust system is hooked up so each cylinder could be inspected while running.

P.S. Sorry for the shaky/crummy video, I'm an engineering student, not a cameraman.

Mike (951)323-9396
detoxcowboy
Mike,

Merry x-mas!! Free bump, I am going to have to get over and see your garage again one of these days..you would'nt have a rear trunk floor padding in great shape laying around? -Joe
SchantzMD
icon_bump.gif for new year!
detoxcowboy
icon_bump.gif beerchug.gif Happy New Year!!

-I am going to drop by one of these weekends, I wanna scope your stash for a little wiring project I have.. Joe

Mike is well known in So Cal.; (He is not a "lurker" just a busy person) has a lot full of 914's, is an engineer with a very cool shop and attitude. Everything he sell and or restores comes out bitchin!..
ScottD914
idea.gif Nice looking rebuild! A point of curiosity on the 8.1:1 CR: Is that a design feature you picked or just the way the parts came together? The engine I built recently (but has yet to run) has a designed and built CR of 9.1:1. ScottD
SchantzMD
QUOTE(ScottD914 @ Jan 6 2011, 06:40 AM) *

idea.gif Nice looking rebuild! A point of curiosity on the 8.1:1 CR: Is that a design feature you picked or just the way the parts came together? The engine I built recently (but has yet to run) has a designed and built CR of 9.1:1. ScottD

Hi ScottD.

Thanks for the comment and for catching the slight typo on my part since the compression ratio on this one is set at ~8.5:1.

To answer your question:
I usually try to only kick up the CR a little bit since most of my motors are setup for street use, and so engine knock on cheap 87 octane gas won't be of a major concern.
I could be wrong but I'm guessing your 9.1:1 CR setup probably has you running a deck height of about .040", but that of course depends on your head cc and piston cc #s (I'm assuming you're running dished or relieved pistons).

Anyway thanks again for catching my typo and good luck on your first fire-up! smilie_pokal.gif

Mike
rdr
Absolutely beautiful rebuild!
ScottD914
Thanks Mike, Interesting... I'll run with a .065 deck height, but Demello ground a 74mm crank for me and Brothers reworked and cc'd the heads to 55cc. A bit of a different configuration and it specs out at 2142cc's. Hoping it's a good combo. Good luck with your sale. SD

QUOTE(SchantzMD @ Jan 7 2011, 02:21 AM) *

QUOTE(ScottD914 @ Jan 6 2011, 06:40 AM) *

Hi ScottD.

Thanks for the comment and for catching the slight typo on my part since the compression ratio on this one is set at ~8.5:1.

To answer your question:
I usually try to only kick up the CR a little bit since most of my motors are setup for street use, and so engine knock on cheap 87 octane gas won't be of a major concern.
I could be wrong but I'm guessing your 9.1:1 CR setup probably has you running a deck height of about .040", but that of course depends on your head cc and piston cc #s (I'm assuming you're running dished or relieved pistons).

Anyway thanks again for catching my typo and good luck on your first fire-up! smilie_pokal.gif

Mike

SchantzMD
icon_bump.gif

The engine may be sold, I will make a note if it's no longer available.
SchantzMD
QUOTE(SchantzMD @ Jan 19 2011, 04:51 PM) *

icon_bump.gif

The engine may be sold, I will make a note if it's no longer available.

The engine still available but may be sold within the next 2 weeks, the potential buyer is just waiting for his tax return before he makes a final decision.
SchantzMD
QUOTE(SchantzMD @ Dec 15 2010, 08:19 PM) *

3 minute Youtube Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_sm-6DK5DE

SOLD! Thanks for all the interest!

Complete Turnkey Engine, just hook up 1 fuel line and 1 electrical plug. This engine is fully rebuilt and Worldwide shipping is available. Any questions can be directed to schantzmd@aol.com.

Price: $4499 member price with no core needed.

96mm x 71mm Big bore, Type IV Porsche 914 GA engine case, dual rebuilt 40mm Italian Webers, Flat Top pistons, Fully rebuilt 021 heads, Approximately 8.5:1 compression ratio, DR-280 solid lifter Camshaft with a 280/280 Duration, Intake lift of .433", and Exhaust lift of .416", 009 distributor, Engine is built for a daily driver with approximately 110-115 BHp and a usable power band from idle to 5500 RPM.

The test video shows a 3 minute clip of the engine an hour and half into the test run. The charging voltage is displayed on the left meter and is approximately 14.1 V and the RPM is shown on the right meter. My test pipe exhaust system is hooked up so each cylinder could be inspected while running.

P.S. Sorry for the shaky/crummy video, I'm an engineering student, not a cameraman.

Mike (951)323-9396

SOLD, Thanks for all the interest!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.