Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> mrbubbleheads "74" 914, it lives
mrbubblehead
post Dec 23 2010, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Twodollardoug

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,492
Region Association: Southern California

i want to start my own thread about my new to me "74" 914. before i start, i know this thread is useless with out pictures. i will take some tomorrow. we have had 6 days of rain, so the car has just sat in the driveway. but i was glad to go out to find it dry inside. i wish i could say that about my vw's.

i was able to make a new oil filler while it was raining. i need to make a crankcase breather breather tower next.

the car was an electrical nightmare. fortunately i am an electrician by trade so i have some electrical background.

i have made alot of headway. after 6 days of looking at the schematics things are taking shape. im sure i will get some crap for this from the F/I guys but i had to completely remove the F/I wiring. the relay board in the engine compartment had to go. it was all busted up. beyond repair. i really only need 2 relays back there. 1 for the fuel pump and 1 for the heater blower motor.

i also removed all of the seat belt warning system. what a job. but its done. finaly.

the rear trunk area, engine compartment and seat area are complete. tomorrow i will tackle the dash wiring and the front headlights and turn signals if i get that far.

really all i need to do is hook up some new fuel line and the engine will run. im getting excited. i want to drive this thing.

i'll post up some pictures tomorrow.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mrbubblehead   mrbubbleheads "74" 914   Dec 23 2010, 10:00 PM
Lennies914   :ttiwwp: :beer1:   Dec 23 2010, 10:15 PM
SLITS   You aren't that far from Riverslime .... parts...   Dec 24 2010, 08:51 AM
mrbubblehead   that sounds good slits. i'm in!   Dec 24 2010, 08:59 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:31 PM