Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mrbubbleheads "74" 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrbubblehead
i want to start my own thread about my new to me "74" 914. before i start, i know this thread is useless with out pictures. i will take some tomorrow. we have had 6 days of rain, so the car has just sat in the driveway. but i was glad to go out to find it dry inside. i wish i could say that about my vw's.

i was able to make a new oil filler while it was raining. i need to make a crankcase breather breather tower next.

the car was an electrical nightmare. fortunately i am an electrician by trade so i have some electrical background.

i have made alot of headway. after 6 days of looking at the schematics things are taking shape. im sure i will get some crap for this from the F/I guys but i had to completely remove the F/I wiring. the relay board in the engine compartment had to go. it was all busted up. beyond repair. i really only need 2 relays back there. 1 for the fuel pump and 1 for the heater blower motor.

i also removed all of the seat belt warning system. what a job. but its done. finaly.

the rear trunk area, engine compartment and seat area are complete. tomorrow i will tackle the dash wiring and the front headlights and turn signals if i get that far.

really all i need to do is hook up some new fuel line and the engine will run. im getting excited. i want to drive this thing.

i'll post up some pictures tomorrow.
Lennies914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

beer.gif
SLITS
You aren't that far from Riverslime .... parts, help and insults are available ... mostly insults though.

You can join the Right Reverend Mr. Meier's Sunday Services @ Slits Asshole Garage & Rectum Rectory of Divine Guiding Light. Slits is the Altar Bartender and Professor 914 does the collections. Mr. Abrasive is the guidance counseler.

Our current, in house, projects are:

1.) Drink ale
2.) Eat Bratwurst & Burgers
3.) Renew a 2.7L flat six
4.) Drink whiskey
5.) Eat Bratwurst & Burgers
6.) Fix a 2002 Vette oil leaks
7.) Drink gin & tonic
8.) Eat NY strip
9.) Repair rust & electrical on a '73
10.) Drink rum & coke
11.) Eat Bratwurst & Burgers
12.) Find a pristine chassis for another /6 conversion
13.) Drink
14.) eat
15.) Cut up 2 - 3 chassis
mrbubblehead
that sounds good slits. i'm in!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.