Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> SOLD***FS: motor, size: 1911, Bay Area
BuddyV
post Dec 24 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #1

Robert

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,898
Region Association: Northern California

*** SOLD****

I recently bought a 2.0 from a member of this site, so I no longer need the motor I was planning to drop BACK into my car.

History: I bought this motor in parts (new or restored) from a guy with a garage at Infineon Raceway. He had gathered all of the parts over a long while to build a 1911 for his daughter's 914. Well, he never got to it, so I bought the entire, well-sorted lot that came in around (10) boxes.

The case is a 1.7 and he had brand new 96mm pistons and a "mild" cam that I never bothered to identify (should have, I guess). The seller is a master mechanic and was going to use the cam, so I trusted his opinion. The heads were stock and clean, but I still had my machinist clean them up. I am looking for the receipt from him to say exactly what he did to them.

I ran the motor for a short while - it ran awesome. Not tremendous power, but smooth and plenty of power. I ran it with carbs that were a bit large for them, 44 webers.

Well, one day while filling the tires with air, the motor would not re-start at the gas station. I eventually called my mechanic. He discovered that the brass gear on the crank that turns the distributor had "shifted". He had not seen that happen in 20+ years. So he pulled the motor and stood behind his work by taking the motor apart and replacing all parts that could be a problem.

The motor has been reassembled for over a year. I was just about to drop it back in when I found my current motor at a great price, installed. I am VERY short on time, so this new motor was a way to get back on the road ASAP. (and I made friends with Mike Kooz in the process!)

So, the 1911 is available. No trans or heat exchangers/exhaust. I sold the carbs shortly after pulling the motor, so you would need carbs.

All of the engine tin is pulled from the motor and is part of the sale.

I am offering the motor for $900. I know that I paid about that for the head work. Hopefully someone on this site can appreciate a nicely-built 1911.

Again, motor will need CARBS, EXHAUST, HEAT EXCHANGERS. All else is included.

Cheers!

Robert (707) 888-1857

ps - I am located near Santa Rosa, California. Local pick up preferred, but I do have the motor on a pallet, wrapped up. I could aid in shipping if you manage the details.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 07:07 AM