Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD***FS: motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BuddyV
*** SOLD****

I recently bought a 2.0 from a member of this site, so I no longer need the motor I was planning to drop BACK into my car.

History: I bought this motor in parts (new or restored) from a guy with a garage at Infineon Raceway. He had gathered all of the parts over a long while to build a 1911 for his daughter's 914. Well, he never got to it, so I bought the entire, well-sorted lot that came in around (10) boxes.

The case is a 1.7 and he had brand new 96mm pistons and a "mild" cam that I never bothered to identify (should have, I guess). The seller is a master mechanic and was going to use the cam, so I trusted his opinion. The heads were stock and clean, but I still had my machinist clean them up. I am looking for the receipt from him to say exactly what he did to them.

I ran the motor for a short while - it ran awesome. Not tremendous power, but smooth and plenty of power. I ran it with carbs that were a bit large for them, 44 webers.

Well, one day while filling the tires with air, the motor would not re-start at the gas station. I eventually called my mechanic. He discovered that the brass gear on the crank that turns the distributor had "shifted". He had not seen that happen in 20+ years. So he pulled the motor and stood behind his work by taking the motor apart and replacing all parts that could be a problem.

The motor has been reassembled for over a year. I was just about to drop it back in when I found my current motor at a great price, installed. I am VERY short on time, so this new motor was a way to get back on the road ASAP. (and I made friends with Mike Kooz in the process!)

So, the 1911 is available. No trans or heat exchangers/exhaust. I sold the carbs shortly after pulling the motor, so you would need carbs.

All of the engine tin is pulled from the motor and is part of the sale.

I am offering the motor for $900. I know that I paid about that for the head work. Hopefully someone on this site can appreciate a nicely-built 1911.

Again, motor will need CARBS, EXHAUST, HEAT EXCHANGERS. All else is included.

Cheers!

Robert (707) 888-1857

ps - I am located near Santa Rosa, California. Local pick up preferred, but I do have the motor on a pallet, wrapped up. I could aid in shipping if you manage the details.
BuddyV
Price adjustment - I need it out of here: $500

Robert: (707) 888-1857

FourBlades

Wow, that is a smoking deal.

If I lived on the other coast I would snap that up in a heartbeat.

John
brant
I want it
and the price is right
but shipping is crazy expensive... darn...

I have a 1.7 that is used and needs this motor upgrade
don't suppose your coming to colorado by truck to go skiing any time soon?

bump
brant
BuddyV
bump... and Happy, safe, New Year to everyone!
underthetire
Man, if I had an extra five hundred after Xmas I'd be on my way!
BuddyV
underthetire -

PM sent. Let's work something out. You are local... enough.
drunk.gif

Robert
DB914
If you still have the motor I can pick it up this weekend

Dave
BuddyV
Dave - PM sent
Chris Pincetich
SOLD biggrin.gif
Somebody got a great deal. Robert, thanks for responding to my inquiry. Glad to hear you can get the back of your station wagon cleared out.
beerchug.gif
BuddyV
Motor stayed local - around 20 miles from me. beerchug.gif

Happy New Year, everyone!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.