Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914's on Top Gear US.
jmmotorsports
post Aug 2 2014, 09:49 AM
Post #121

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,658
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Dec 29 2010, 12:05 PM) *

QUOTE(dflesburg @ Dec 29 2010, 05:34 AM) *

Plus as I said before, if some fool let me drive thier lambo I am pretty positive I could go faster than 173... like those left coast woosies....

Maybe, but Tanner is the only actual "driver" on the show. What style of racing did he become famous in? It's not drag racing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

i think tanner is a drift car driver
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Aug 2 2014, 10:13 AM
Post #122

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Aug 2 2014, 09:49 AM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Dec 29 2010, 12:05 PM) *

QUOTE(dflesburg @ Dec 29 2010, 05:34 AM) *

Plus as I said before, if some fool let me drive thier lambo I am pretty positive I could go faster than 173... like those left coast woosies....

Maybe, but Tanner is the only actual "driver" on the show. What style of racing did he become famous in? It's not drag racing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

i think tanner is a drift car driver

Yep, drifter and rally driver... not Sebastian Loeb type rally driver, more the Rallycross type. But he's pretty good!
+Quote Post
PBritain
post Dec 7 2021, 05:17 PM
Post #123

Member No.: 6,293

Hilariously, I just found this thread by jumping down a 914 rabbit hole and ended up here.

Hi, you may know me as the guy who wrote that Jalopnik article and was wearing the Flying Lizard shirt in the Top Gear episode. Love that this car is still around (or at least it was 7 years ago.)

I owned a 914 at the time and was looking to buy this one to use it as a parts car, mostly for the side shift trans. So when it ended up having a trans problem when I drove it, I didn't want it.

Funny enough, I sold my 914 shortly after this adventure and went onto other cars, but about 3 months ago I happened to see my old car for sale on FB marketplace and bought it back, in much the same condition (albeit a little crustier) as I left it. My name was still on the title. In poking around to see what is new in the 914 world over the past 10ish years, I found this thread.
+Quote Post
bahnzai
post Dec 7 2021, 06:31 PM
Post #124

Member No.: 6,509
Region Association: South East States

Now that is a funny story, especially reading through this thread...welcome back to the crazies!
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 10:53 AM