Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2 liter engine wire harness question, early verses late styles
dmenche914
post Apr 26 2004, 12:44 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 366

Hi All:

I would like to install an early version 2 liter engine wire harness (one that includes brain connector) probably from a 1973 car on a later 2 liter engine. ('am doing this because the wrong year early harness is in much better condition that the correct year original harness).

So far it appears there is one difference, I'd like to know if anyone out there knows of any other difference that would effect me running a later (possisbly a 1975) FI system with a 73 harness.

The one thing different between the two harnesses I've found is the cold start thermal switch is a two wire sensor on the later engine, the early harness has a is a single wire. From the schematics, I think all I need do is swap out my two wire sensor for a single wire sensor, and every thing else should work.

Is swaping out the sensor all I need to do?
Is there anything else I should check for in this harness swap?
Anyone do this before?

thanks dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Apr 26 2004, 06:42 AM
Post #2

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

The one thing different between the two harnesses I've found is the cold start thermal switch is a two wire sensor on the later engine, the early harness has a is a single wire. From the schematics, I think all I need do is swap out my two wire sensor for a single wire sensor, and every thing else should work.

Thats one difference. I dont know the characteristics of the 2 sensors to know if they are interchangeable or not. Check Brad Anders site.

That whole CSV - TTS circuit is wired differently between the two harnesses. Im suspect the ECU is different also to acommodate those changes. The swap might work, maybe...but it wouldnt be right.
+Quote Post
DuckRyder
post Apr 26 2004, 06:57 AM
Post #3

Avatars Mode: OFF because of the recalcitrant few.

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 110

I'm running a 73 harness in a 75 car with a 75 ECU.

(see my idle post.)

I can't say just yet if it works perfectly, but it does work.

(if you can hold off afew days, I'll know more.)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 07:49 AM