Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 liter engine wire harness question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmenche914
Hi All:

I would like to install an early version 2 liter engine wire harness (one that includes brain connector) probably from a 1973 car on a later 2 liter engine. ('am doing this because the wrong year early harness is in much better condition that the correct year original harness).

So far it appears there is one difference, I'd like to know if anyone out there knows of any other difference that would effect me running a later (possisbly a 1975) FI system with a 73 harness.

The one thing different between the two harnesses I've found is the cold start thermal switch is a two wire sensor on the later engine, the early harness has a is a single wire. From the schematics, I think all I need do is swap out my two wire sensor for a single wire sensor, and every thing else should work.

Is swaping out the sensor all I need to do?
Is there anything else I should check for in this harness swap?
Anyone do this before?

thanks dave
JeffBowlsby
The one thing different between the two harnesses I've found is the cold start thermal switch is a two wire sensor on the later engine, the early harness has a is a single wire. From the schematics, I think all I need do is swap out my two wire sensor for a single wire sensor, and every thing else should work.

Thats one difference. I dont know the characteristics of the 2 sensors to know if they are interchangeable or not. Check Brad Anders site.

That whole CSV - TTS circuit is wired differently between the two harnesses. Im suspect the ECU is different also to acommodate those changes. The swap might work, maybe...but it wouldnt be right.
DuckRyder
I'm running a 73 harness in a 75 car with a 75 ECU.

(see my idle post.)

I can't say just yet if it works perfectly, but it does work.

(if you can hold off afew days, I'll know more.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.