Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thank you Admin god
ChrisFoley
post Jan 7 2011, 08:39 PM
Post #21

I am Tangerine Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 7 2011, 07:57 PM) *

Really, Dude?

Juvenile behavior isn't acceptable where I keep my cars or where I work on other peoples cars Mike - both places are garages btw.
Throwing shit around is for infants or monkeys and hasn't been my idea of a good time for most of my life.

914World has a sandbox for that kind of behavior. Just sayin' dood. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

and don't worry, I don't take stuff as seriously as you might think - but I have no problem expressing my opinion even when it goes against the group mentality.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jan 7 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #22

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 7 2011, 06:39 PM) *
Juvenile behavior isn't acceptable where I keep my cars or where I work on other peoples cars Mike - both places are garages btw.
Throwing shit around is for infants or monkeys and hasn't been my idea of a good time for most of my life.

Want to join the admin team? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

We could use another person with leadership experience to keep this kindergarten under control ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Jan 7 2011, 08:49 PM
Post #23

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jan 7 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #24

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jan 7 2011, 05:43 PM) *

Gosh, apparently I missed all of the drama again. How Kool is that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Me too, but I had already seen it before. It's all good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
WFG
post Jan 7 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 5,243

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 7 2011, 04:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 7 2011, 06:28 PM) *

I let it go until it got to the point that I was embarassed to be associated with any site that would allow it. But I felt like I had to let it go until the kids wore themselves out.

Was way too long.
I was about ready to leave and not return, and I know for a fact I'm not the only one.
IMO the "kids" need a time out.

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 7 2011, 06:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 7 2011, 07:57 PM) *

Really, Dude?

914World has a sandbox for that kind of behavior. Just sayin' dood. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

and don't worry, I don't take stuff as seriously as you might think - but I have no problem expressing my opinion even when it goes against the group mentality.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jan 8 2011, 12:00 AM
Post #26

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Too each their own. I respectfully disagree and can get along with you all still (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
nsr-jamie
post Jan 8 2011, 07:31 AM
Post #27

914 guy in Japan

Member No.: 8,305

was this about the bumper top post from George??? I have been away for a week or so with winter break....
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jan 8 2011, 07:57 AM
Post #28

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Jan 8 2011, 05:31 AM) *

was this about the bumper top post from George??? I have been away for a week or so with winter break....

Yes.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jan 8 2011, 09:38 AM
Post #29

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

I don't know if you guy's know this, but most perspective employers and future customer's now google your name to see what come's up. I work for the largest computer networking company in the world and we are constantly warned about what we put on facebook and web sites. It could come back to haunt you. For some of you this doesn't matter, but for others who are trying to start a business or get a high paying job it could. I know most of you guy's and I would rather hang out with you than stuffy concours nuts that just brag about there wealth, but I would hate to see one of you guy's get screwed just because you posted something unprofessional. For the hell of it, google your name or alias and see what come's up.
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Jan 8 2011, 10:40 AM
Post #30

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/party.gif) Hah, I'm a British, All Female Punk Rock Band (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)
+Quote Post
MDG
post Jan 8 2011, 10:47 AM
Post #31

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018

Cool!

http://www.mdg.ca/

+Quote Post
sww914
post Jan 8 2011, 11:11 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,146

QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 8 2011, 07:38 AM) *

I don't know if you guy's know this, but most perspective employers and future customer's now google your name to see what come's up. I work for the largest computer networking company in the world and we are constantly warned about what we put on facebook and web sites. It could come back to haunt you. For some of you this doesn't matter, but for others who are trying to start a business or get a high paying job it could. I know most of you guy's and I would rather hang out with you than stuffy concours nuts that just brag about there wealth, but I would hate to see one of you guy's get screwed just because you posted something unprofessional. For the hell of it, google your name or alias and see what come's up.

But what if nobody likes me already?
+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post Jan 8 2011, 11:28 AM
Post #33

Major Member

Member No.: 2,660
Region Association: South East States

Sorry Mr. Gint. No, I won't do it again, but...

It was all SLITS's idea! He is the one who should get detention!

+Quote Post
Steve
post Jan 8 2011, 12:43 PM
Post #34

914 Guru

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 8 2011, 08:40 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/party.gif) Hah, I'm a British, All Female Punk Rock Band (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)

If i google my name, there is also some kid in his early 20's with the same name that has a myspace account that posted that he just got out of jail and is looking to party!!
+Quote Post
7TPorsh
post Jan 8 2011, 01:41 PM
Post #35

7T Porsh

Member No.: 5,782

I'm not a kid and you all seem to be two faced. I don;t think it's childish to ask where all this shit comes from. I just don;t like all the personal accusations.

Call me what you like!
+Quote Post
Gint
post Jan 8 2011, 03:29 PM
Post #36

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 7 2011, 05:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 7 2011, 07:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 7 2011, 06:28 PM) *

I let it go until it got to the point that I was embarassed to be associated with any site that would allow it. But I felt like I had to let it go until the kids wore themselves out.

Was way too long.
I was about ready to leave and not return, and I know for a fact I'm not the only one.
IMO the "kids" need a time out.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)

Really, Dude? If a bunch of jack-offs, myself included, vex you for containing a dumb-ass regatta within one thread, that you could choose not to read, so much so that you would be willing to walk away from the other 99.9999999999999% of stuff here......well then, bye.

You know I like you, but if simple shit like that thread offend your sensibilities and detract from the level of pleasure you draw from life, I only wish you peace and happiness elsewhere. Dont take shit so seriously. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) (know what I mean (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) )

Group hug

Yeah, really dude.

I don't know where this came from:
so much so that you would be willing to walk away from the other 99.9999999999999% of stuff here......well then, bye.
I never suggested any thing about walking away. I've been babysitting here for a long time. If I didn't have the stomach for it I would have quit this gig a long time ago.

And you can't offend me. Well, your ass can... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)

It wasn't so much that I was offended by any of it, but a lot of people were. As a site admin, I'm somewhat ... responsible for lack of a better word, but associated at the very least ... for content posted here. I was ignoring that thread for the most part. I looked at it a couple of times and closed it right away and moved on. Then it got out of hand. When a bunch of people post crap that shouldn't be in the garage (some rule violations I'm sure happened in that thread also) and continue to the point that other reasonable members with stronger sensibilities than I strongly and rightfully object, I'm obliged to take action. What I was disappointed with is that so many of the participants in that thread (I don't even know which ones, I didn't pay that much attention) couldn't see that. This was in the main forum here after all. We have a sandbox for that kind of stuff.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) CYA!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jan 8 2011, 03:33 PM
Post #37

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Gint, it was directed at Chris. He answered. Uh, der dum (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

If I google my name there is another Dr Evil that is fucking up my reputation by trying to hold the world ransom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

My real name is not here man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Jan 8 2011, 03:43 PM
Post #38

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354

Joe Sheppard - 'The Tampa Hot Shoe' - The AUTOSPORT Bulletin Board22 posts - 5 authors - Last post: Aug 12, 2009
URY914. Rating: 0. View Member Profile. post Aug 2 2009, 17:59 ... In the "Tampa Hotshoe" article there is a story of how Colin Chapman ... In the early day's of Tampa the Yacht Club was the Hot Spot for the Tampa elite. ...
forums.autosport.com › Forums › The Nostalgia Forum - CachedGet more discussion results
+Quote Post
messix
post Jan 8 2011, 03:49 PM
Post #39

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

google me and i'm a phd in molecular biology!

see i'm smart!!!!

some how i've managed to stay under the radar.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jan 8 2011, 03:58 PM
Post #40

914 Guru

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 8 2011, 01:33 PM) *

Gint, it was directed at Chris. He answered. Uh, der dum (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

If I google my name there is another Dr Evil that is fucking up my reputation by trying to hold the world ransom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

My real name is not here man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Dearest Mr. Evil!!

My first name is my user name, but if I google my full name it does show up in a 914world thread for the WCC. It wouldn't be hard to figure out my user name from there and do a search on this web site for all my threads. Ok... Maybe i'm paranoid and reaching... and no this is not pointed at anybody in particular, just a paranoid dilusional warning.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 01:38 PM