Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thank you Admin god
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
scotty b
Gint, Andy whoever did it. Thanks, I gave all an hours advance warning. Can we PLEASE get back to the cars now ?? smile.gif

I will do it again if neccesary dry.gif
Chris Pincetich
I read an 11-page thread last night that was hilarious! I had to stop laughing when my girlfriend saw the photos posted in there dry.gif

THANKS to the Admins for "taking out the trash", it was needed beerchug.gif

Scotty I have no idea what you are talking about, this is a standard hijak for me to say what I feel like at the moment rolleyes.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Yes and I thank you also. If anyone has a beef with us just call me personally at 1 792 4944 extension 111 and lay it on me. Let's keep this club clean and post good 914 content, products, and GOOD ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!
COUNT me in for all of the stock tech advice anyone can handle! Also we are working on these cars every day so if need be can provide pics as well of specific areas in question.

QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 7 2011, 01:25 PM) *

Gint, Andy whoever did it. Thanks, I gave all an hours advance warning. Can we PLEASE get back to the cars now ?? smile.gif

914itis
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 7 2011, 03:36 PM) *

Yes and I thank you also. If anyone has a beef with us just call me personally at 1 792 4944 extension 111 and lay it on me. Let's keep this club clean and post good 914 content, products, and GOOD ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!
COUNT me in for all of the stock tech advice anyone can handle! Also we are working on these cars every day so if need be can provide pics as well of specific areas in question.

Geoge, I have beef with you and I you posted your number without the area code. .........Just messing with you... keep those good advices coming... we need them.

I agree back to car business..
Ian Stott
George can you post a pic of the pedal area where you can see the spring that may be for the brake light switch when you get a chance. I'm doing clean up in that area and want to remove everything and a pic is so helpful when putting it back together.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes coming very shortly Ian. Please remember that the brake switch has its own spring in it. It is always in the on position and the pedal washer resting against it keeps it off. THAT way, as soon as you TOUCH the pedal the light comes on.

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jan 7 2011, 03:47 PM) *

George can you post a pic of the pedal area where you can see the spring that may be for the brake light switch when you get a chance. I'm doing clean up in that area and want to remove everything and a pic is so helpful when putting it back together.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

laflaur
kumbaya,mutherfaljkers
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 7 2011, 04:08 PM) *

yes coming very shortly Ian. Please remember that the brake switch has its own spring in it. It is always in the on position and the pedal washer resting against it keeps it off. THAT way, as soon as you TOUCH the pedal the light comes on.

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jan 7 2011, 03:47 PM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Gint

You're welcome. And I hope so.

That thread was a train wreck. I let it go until it got to the point that I was embarassed to be associated with any site that would allow it. But I felt like I had to let it go until the kids wore themselves out.

And george, shut up and quit while you're ahead. I don't know what else to say about that. I'm speechless actually...

Long day. More alcohol is required.
RJMII
Gint, thanks man! beerchug.gif
pete-stevers
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 7 2011, 03:28 PM) *

You're welcome. And I hope so.

That thread was a train wreck. I let it go until it got to the point that I was embarassed to be associated with any site that would allow it. But I felt like I had to let it go until the kids wore themselves out.

And george, shut up and quit while you're ahead. I don't know what else to say about that. I'm speechless actually...

Long day. More alcohol is required.

thanks Gint and agree.gif
montoya 73 2.0
beerchug.gif grouphug.gif

welcome.png
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 7 2011, 06:28 PM) *

I let it go until it got to the point that I was embarassed to be associated with any site that would allow it. But I felt like I had to let it go until the kids wore themselves out.

Was way too long.
I was about ready to leave and not return, and I know for a fact I'm not the only one.
IMO the "kids" need a time out.
VaccaRabite
Have to say that was a fun way to blow off a lot of steam for me after a super shity day at work. I am ready for this place to go back to being fun again.
flippa
Damn! My compuer shat the bed & I haven't been luking for a few days.

What did I miss?
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 7 2011, 07:36 PM) *

I let it go until it got to the point that I was embarassed to be associated with any site that would allow it. But I felt like I had to let it go until the kids wore themselves out.

Was way too long.
I was about ready to leave and not return, and I know for a fact I'm not the only one.

hissyfit.gif

Really, Dude? If a bunch of jack-offs, myself included, vex you for containing a dumb-ass regatta within one thread, that you could choose not to read, so much so that you would be willing to walk away from the other 99.9999999999999% of stuff here......well then, bye.

You know I like you, but if simple shit like that thread offend your sensibilities and detract from the level of pleasure you draw from life, I only wish you peace and happiness elsewhere. Dont take shit so seriously. smoke.gif (know what I mean poke.gif )

Group hug
SLITS
av-943.gif

None of it bothered me, but I guess I'm just one of those SoCal NARP guys*** that just doesn't really give a shit.

It was actually fun.

hissyfit.gif

*** Translation: Jerkwad

And Scotty ... Fishticks with Miracle Whip is great!
scotty b
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 7 2011, 05:21 PM) *

av-943.gif

None of it bothered me, but I guess I'm just one of those SoCal NARP guys that just doesn't really give a shit.

It was actually fun.

hissyfit.gif

your opinion doesn't count, your just another one of us " kids " poke.gif
JoeSharp
Gosh, apparently I missed all of the drama again. How Kool is that. piratenanner.gif
Lou W
I was wondering if the X-19 board ever has threads like that..... w00t.gif

It sure was pretty wild, now back to our regulary scheduled threads. popcorn[1].gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 7 2011, 07:57 PM) *

Really, Dude?

Juvenile behavior isn't acceptable where I keep my cars or where I work on other peoples cars Mike - both places are garages btw.
Throwing shit around is for infants or monkeys and hasn't been my idea of a good time for most of my life.

914World has a sandbox for that kind of behavior. Just sayin' dood. poke.gif

and don't worry, I don't take stuff as seriously as you might think - but I have no problem expressing my opinion even when it goes against the group mentality.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 7 2011, 06:39 PM) *
Juvenile behavior isn't acceptable where I keep my cars or where I work on other peoples cars Mike - both places are garages btw.
Throwing shit around is for infants or monkeys and hasn't been my idea of a good time for most of my life.

Want to join the admin team? laugh.gif

We could use another person with leadership experience to keep this kindergarten under control ... happy11.gif
SLITS
stromberg.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jan 7 2011, 05:43 PM) *

Gosh, apparently I missed all of the drama again. How Kool is that. piratenanner.gif

Me too, but I had already seen it before. It's all good beerchug.gif
WFG
agree.gif
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 7 2011, 04:36 PM) *

Was way too long.

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 7 2011, 06:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 7 2011, 07:57 PM) *

Really, Dude?

914World has a sandbox for that kind of behavior. Just sayin' dood. poke.gif

and don't worry, I don't take stuff as seriously as you might think - but I have no problem expressing my opinion even when it goes against the group mentality.

agree.gif
Dr Evil
Too each their own. I respectfully disagree and can get along with you all still smile.gif
nsr-jamie
was this about the bumper top post from George??? I have been away for a week or so with winter break....
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Jan 8 2011, 05:31 AM) *

was this about the bumper top post from George??? I have been away for a week or so with winter break....

Yes.
Steve
I don't know if you guy's know this, but most perspective employers and future customer's now google your name to see what come's up. I work for the largest computer networking company in the world and we are constantly warned about what we put on facebook and web sites. It could come back to haunt you. For some of you this doesn't matter, but for others who are trying to start a business or get a high paying job it could. I know most of you guy's and I would rather hang out with you than stuffy concours nuts that just brag about there wealth, but I would hate to see one of you guy's get screwed just because you posted something unprofessional. For the hell of it, google your name or alias and see what come's up.
SLITS
party.gif Hah, I'm a British, All Female Punk Rock Band icon8.gif
MDG
Cool!

http://www.mdg.ca/

sww914
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 8 2011, 07:38 AM) *

I don't know if you guy's know this, but most perspective employers and future customer's now google your name to see what come's up. I work for the largest computer networking company in the world and we are constantly warned about what we put on facebook and web sites. It could come back to haunt you. For some of you this doesn't matter, but for others who are trying to start a business or get a high paying job it could. I know most of you guy's and I would rather hang out with you than stuffy concours nuts that just brag about there wealth, but I would hate to see one of you guy's get screwed just because you posted something unprofessional. For the hell of it, google your name or alias and see what come's up.

But what if nobody likes me already?
bigkensteele
Sorry Mr. Gint. No, I won't do it again, but...

It was all SLITS's idea! He is the one who should get detention!

Steve
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 8 2011, 08:40 AM) *

party.gif Hah, I'm a British, All Female Punk Rock Band icon8.gif

If i google my name, there is also some kid in his early 20's with the same name that has a myspace account that posted that he just got out of jail and is looking to party!!
7TPorsh
I'm not a kid and you all seem to be two faced. I don;t think it's childish to ask where all this shit comes from. I just don;t like all the personal accusations.

Call me what you like!
Gint
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 7 2011, 05:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 7 2011, 07:36 PM) *

Was way too long.

hissyfit.gif

Really, Dude? If a bunch of jack-offs, myself included, vex you for containing a dumb-ass regatta within one thread, that you could choose not to read, so much so that you would be willing to walk away from the other 99.9999999999999% of stuff here......well then, bye.

You know I like you, but if simple shit like that thread offend your sensibilities and detract from the level of pleasure you draw from life, I only wish you peace and happiness elsewhere. Dont take shit so seriously. smoke.gif (know what I mean poke.gif )

Group hug

Yeah, really dude.

I don't know where this came from:
so much so that you would be willing to walk away from the other 99.9999999999999% of stuff here......well then, bye.
I never suggested any thing about walking away. I've been babysitting here for a long time. If I didn't have the stomach for it I would have quit this gig a long time ago.

And you can't offend me. Well, your ass can... icon8.gif

It wasn't so much that I was offended by any of it, but a lot of people were. As a site admin, I'm somewhat ... responsible for lack of a better word, but associated at the very least ... for content posted here. I was ignoring that thread for the most part. I looked at it a couple of times and closed it right away and moved on. Then it got out of hand. When a bunch of people post crap that shouldn't be in the garage (some rule violations I'm sure happened in that thread also) and continue to the point that other reasonable members with stronger sensibilities than I strongly and rightfully object, I'm obliged to take action. What I was disappointed with is that so many of the participants in that thread (I don't even know which ones, I didn't pay that much attention) couldn't see that. This was in the main forum here after all. We have a sandbox for that kind of stuff.

bye1.gif CYA!
Dr Evil
Gint, it was directed at Chris. He answered. Uh, der dum rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

If I google my name there is another Dr Evil that is fucking up my reputation by trying to hold the world ransom rolleyes.gif

My real name is not here man wink.gif
hot_shoe914
Joe Sheppard - 'The Tampa Hot Shoe' - The AUTOSPORT Bulletin Board22 posts - 5 authors - Last post: Aug 12, 2009
URY914. Rating: 0. View Member Profile. post Aug 2 2009, 17:59 ... In the "Tampa Hotshoe" article there is a story of how Colin Chapman ... In the early day's of Tampa the Yacht Club was the Hot Spot for the Tampa elite. ...
forums.autosport.com › Forums › The Nostalgia Forum - CachedGet more discussion results
messix
google me and i'm a phd in molecular biology!

see i'm smart!!!!

some how i've managed to stay under the radar.
Steve
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 8 2011, 01:33 PM) *

Gint, it was directed at Chris. He answered. Uh, der dum rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

If I google my name there is another Dr Evil that is fucking up my reputation by trying to hold the world ransom rolleyes.gif

My real name is not here man wink.gif

Dearest Mr. Evil!!

My first name is my user name, but if I google my full name it does show up in a 914world thread for the WCC. It wouldn't be hard to figure out my user name from there and do a search on this web site for all my threads. Ok... Maybe i'm paranoid and reaching... and no this is not pointed at anybody in particular, just a paranoid dilusional warning.
scotty b
Gint the ECTK were started, and operate under the premise that when threads get ugly, and the admins don't shut them down, we do what we have to to get them shut down. We are actually on your side. We got sick and tired of the b.s. bashing threads a while ago and started posted potty humor to get things off track. When we give an hours notice it means we have had enough of the hate and it is in your ( admins ) best interest to kill the thread before we drop bombs on it and force you to. You may call us kids, juvenile, immature, disguting, perverted, vomit inducing, mental ward reject bastards, but there is a reason for our actions. Sometimes the nukes have to be dropped to stop the war confused24.gif
SLITS
Does this mean I earn a timeout?

biggrin.gif

I still prefer Miracle Whip.

And yes Dr. Evil, I know your real name. Has Homeland Security knocked on your door yet?
Steve
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 8 2011, 03:31 PM) *

Does this mean I earn a timeout?

biggrin.gif

I still prefer Miracle Whip.

And yes Dr. Evil, I know your real name. Has Homeland Security knocked on your door yet?

Wait until his patients find out that he also does surgery on transmissions. If they set off the metal detectors at the airport they will think he confused them with a 901 gearbox!! blink.gif
Gint
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 8 2011, 04:23 PM) *
Gint the ECTK were started, and operate under the premise that when threads get ugly, and the admins don't shut them down, we do what we have to to get them shut down. We are actually on your side. We got sick and tired of the b.s. bashing threads a while ago and started posted potty humor to get things off track. When we give an hours notice it means we have had enough of the hate and it is in your ( admins ) best interest to kill the thread before we drop bombs on it and force you to. You may call us kids, juvenile, immature, disguting, perverted, vomit inducing, mental ward reject bastards, but there is a reason for our actions. Sometimes the nukes have to be dropped to stop the war confused24.gif
av-943.gif Yeah, I get it now after reading some posts in the 'box. Somebody send me a PM next time. I spent 6+ hours working today after a 50 hours M-F week. I don't have time to read spAAm.
realred914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 8 2011, 03:23 PM) *

a little hitler dicktator is what that makes you.
scotty b
Well, I see you were right Gint dry.gif
Gint
av-943.gifav-943.gifav-943.gifav-943.gifav-943.gifav-943.gifav-943.gif
scotty b
rolleyes.gif
MDG
smilie_pokal.gif
Mark Henry
I googled myself and all I see is my fine sexual chocolate self plastered all over the net.
But I've lost a bit of weight since the day, good thing or I'd never fit into a 914.
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.