Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wanted - 1973 914 Seat Belts, Don't need the floor bolt sides
avidfanjpl
post Jan 10 2011, 04:07 PM
Post #1

914 Hemophiliac

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,566
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I need the Driver Side, and if they come as a clean matched set, I will take the passenger side too.

Anyone have both sides that look spiffy? Paypal same day payment for parts and shipping.

I would love to get them ASAP.

I am cranky about quality, and there can be absolutely no fraying. They must retract like new.

Thanks!

John
avidfanjpl
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
detoxcowboy
post Jan 10 2011, 04:43 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

I have had 3 nos seatbelts, they all retract like 1970's just came out with seat belt laws.. so take that to mind when searching (they will never retract like a modern seat belt) actaully retractable interia seat belts was one of the selling points, you do not see that today.. There is a member here (i forget who) that winds them/tighten them to your specs./ waist line.. It definatley improved the nos belts but occasionally I still gotta feed them a little..

Before you get cranky think what new ment in 1973, when in 1972 they did not have inertia belts. They basically sucked but there was no comparision, offered 3 point and stow away.. improvement over lap belts.. but would be recalled from complaints today./.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jan 10 2011, 05:49 PM
Post #3

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Hey John!

- try this link & check with these guys.
http://www.peparts.com/Detail.bok?no=78

I think they'll put on new webbing & rebuild the innards of Orangina's OE belts (hopefully returning those originals ones if you request, but ask them).

They do others for your 911 too -
http://www.peparts.com/Categories.bok?cate...BELTS%3APorsche

Also other for makes.

BTW - Krispy Kreme is this Sat am - if not raining. Jerry may come with his red 71.

Cheers!
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
avidfanjpl
post Jan 10 2011, 06:14 PM
Post #4

914 Hemophiliac

Thanks Detox and Tom!

Detox, I know exactly what you mean on the retraction, but I have seen some that don't whine and click back to the reel, and that is what I am hoping for.

My driver's side reel doesn't even go back much. And the belt is frayed a little bit.

Tom, those prices are steep 234 per side is a lot. I saw some from a company called "replacement" but the inside latch sides look like 911.

Cooper Boggs found them on a site at www.thepartsbin.com

Just enter 1973 914 and they are first on the page

They are really cost-effective

Anyone know if early 911 belts are the same as 914?

The set for the car complete is 87 bucks, but if they are not correct, I won't buy them.

Thanks!

John

+Quote Post
914werke
post Jan 10 2011, 06:32 PM
Post #5

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

PM sent
+Quote Post
detoxcowboy
post Jan 10 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

I did not see any original REPA seat belts on the site you listed , but you may find an acceptable replacement..

+Quote Post
avidfanjpl
post Jan 11 2011, 01:05 AM
Post #7

914 Hemophiliac

Thanks, Detox!

I did not see REPA either, which is why I hesitated and PM'd R for his set of belts.

I talked to the tech guy in PCA tonight, and he said there is a national problem in that no belt that is more than 20 years old will qualify, but I only want to AX, and not go to the fast track stuff in Fontucky.

I know the 914 and too many PCA idiots drive 911's way too fast around cars that are becoming classics on hot laps at fast tracks.

I have worked corners in the last several AX's and see how the buttdraggers are typically losing it in the sweepers that are more than 90 degrees.

Truly, in 2010 I had 7 cars come right at me, which is saying something, because I know how to find a safe place at PCA events.

2 corvettes, 5 911's, a Miata and a Cayman all in 2 weekend days in Sept and Oct.

The cayman was race prepared and was driven by a 22 year old rich girl from Malibu and her plastic surgery addicted mother.

It was a hilarious day to watch them drive and not know enough to get out of 2nd gear for the entire course.

The car started to smoke between shifts after about 8 runs at redline in 2nd.

I know a set of burned guides when I smell them.

Back to the issue at hand, well, REPA is not exactly something I have heard of, but I assume it is a manufacturer, but screw it, if I can't AX in good old belts, then I will just take ramps at 70 in 4th onto the 91 West.

Same thrill but no trophy, unless it is a pink slip from a careless ticket. I don't get tickets typically.

Thanks!

J
+Quote Post
ottox914
post Jan 11 2011, 06:47 PM
Post #8

The glory that once was.

Member No.: 1,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Funny (expensive) stuff on the guides!

Do you still need some belts? I have a set at home, but an out of town till saturday. PM me if you still need some, and I can rummage around the garage over the weekend.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:01 PM