Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted - 1973 914 Seat Belts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
avidfanjpl
I need the Driver Side, and if they come as a clean matched set, I will take the passenger side too.

Anyone have both sides that look spiffy? Paypal same day payment for parts and shipping.

I would love to get them ASAP.

I am cranky about quality, and there can be absolutely no fraying. They must retract like new.

Thanks!

John
avidfanjpl
detoxcowboy
I have had 3 nos seatbelts, they all retract like 1970's just came out with seat belt laws.. so take that to mind when searching (they will never retract like a modern seat belt) actaully retractable interia seat belts was one of the selling points, you do not see that today.. There is a member here (i forget who) that winds them/tighten them to your specs./ waist line.. It definatley improved the nos belts but occasionally I still gotta feed them a little..

Before you get cranky think what new ment in 1973, when in 1972 they did not have inertia belts. They basically sucked but there was no comparision, offered 3 point and stow away.. improvement over lap belts.. but would be recalled from complaints today./.
Tom_T
Hey John!

- try this link & check with these guys.
http://www.peparts.com/Detail.bok?no=78

I think they'll put on new webbing & rebuild the innards of Orangina's OE belts (hopefully returning those originals ones if you request, but ask them).

They do others for your 911 too -
http://www.peparts.com/Categories.bok?cate...BELTS%3APorsche

Also other for makes.

BTW - Krispy Kreme is this Sat am - if not raining. Jerry may come with his red 71.

Cheers!
Tom
///////
avidfanjpl
Thanks Detox and Tom!

Detox, I know exactly what you mean on the retraction, but I have seen some that don't whine and click back to the reel, and that is what I am hoping for.

My driver's side reel doesn't even go back much. And the belt is frayed a little bit.

Tom, those prices are steep 234 per side is a lot. I saw some from a company called "replacement" but the inside latch sides look like 911.

Cooper Boggs found them on a site at www.thepartsbin.com

Just enter 1973 914 and they are first on the page

They are really cost-effective

Anyone know if early 911 belts are the same as 914?

The set for the car complete is 87 bucks, but if they are not correct, I won't buy them.

Thanks!

John

914werke
PM sent
detoxcowboy
I did not see any original REPA seat belts on the site you listed , but you may find an acceptable replacement..

avidfanjpl
Thanks, Detox!

I did not see REPA either, which is why I hesitated and PM'd R for his set of belts.

I talked to the tech guy in PCA tonight, and he said there is a national problem in that no belt that is more than 20 years old will qualify, but I only want to AX, and not go to the fast track stuff in Fontucky.

I know the 914 and too many PCA idiots drive 911's way too fast around cars that are becoming classics on hot laps at fast tracks.

I have worked corners in the last several AX's and see how the buttdraggers are typically losing it in the sweepers that are more than 90 degrees.

Truly, in 2010 I had 7 cars come right at me, which is saying something, because I know how to find a safe place at PCA events.

2 corvettes, 5 911's, a Miata and a Cayman all in 2 weekend days in Sept and Oct.

The cayman was race prepared and was driven by a 22 year old rich girl from Malibu and her plastic surgery addicted mother.

It was a hilarious day to watch them drive and not know enough to get out of 2nd gear for the entire course.

The car started to smoke between shifts after about 8 runs at redline in 2nd.

I know a set of burned guides when I smell them.

Back to the issue at hand, well, REPA is not exactly something I have heard of, but I assume it is a manufacturer, but screw it, if I can't AX in good old belts, then I will just take ramps at 70 in 4th onto the 91 West.

Same thrill but no trophy, unless it is a pink slip from a careless ticket. I don't get tickets typically.

Thanks!

J
ottox914
Funny (expensive) stuff on the guides!

Do you still need some belts? I have a set at home, but an out of town till saturday. PM me if you still need some, and I can rummage around the garage over the weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.