Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Transmission for sube conversion, what seems the best choice now
pffft
post Jan 12 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,465

I never came to terms with my sbc/930 combination and sold the drivetrain in a fit of terminal empty wallet.
After letting the roller sit for a while now, I think I will go subaru.
The choices for a tranny seem to be 901, subaru and soon, hopefully, boxster.
I have driven 901's for 20 years now and do not love them. The Rennshifter stuff helps but they are still....
If I go subaru, the choices seem to be either find an old fwd box or convert a 4wd. I have owned two modern subarus and am much happier with the gear box.
When I last paid much attention the magic flanges had been produced and sold and I missed that bus.
The boxster idea seems to be getting much closer but not here yet.

Now it seems there are some other ideas that seem to be working but it is kinda hard to get (hard for me, maybe someone with more functioning brain cells would disagree) a handle on which way(s) seem to work best.

So, can anyone interested please jump in with thoughts, suggestions, good or bad ideas and information that might help me decide what to do.

This is the white Lapuwali car, so it is of some significance to me, at least.

patrick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:19 PM