Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> all of a sudden its oh-uh... gas smell!
michaelt55
post Jan 12 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #1

Graduate of Life's experiences

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,753
Region Association: None

well..I have been enjoying driving my car alot this past 2 months. More than any time since I have owned it. Then last week after I filled it up and parked it in the garage, I get this strong gasoline odor. Thought maybe I over filled it. Then yesterday..I see gasoline on the garage floor. So its time to start tracing gas lines I thought. Well...not so much..its the lines the previous owner setup in under the tank. It has a line that is torn. Neoprene line, no biggee I guess but there are some missing items noted I need education on.

There are 2 lines from the gas tank? Why two? Since I have a non fuel injected V8 can I just use one? and plug one? Secondly, no expansion tank on gas tank...and no tank strap either....

Ok V8 guys...what setup do you use and what can I do (besides add the expansion tank and strap) to improve it?

Michael (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:04 PM