Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Secrets of Solo Racing, For those wanting to learn the basics
mightyohm
post Apr 27 2004, 12:09 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I'll take one too.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914momo
post Apr 27 2004, 02:20 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,933

Add me to the list i'll take one !!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge24.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom Perso
post Apr 27 2004, 05:34 AM
Post #23

Crazy from the Cold...

Member No.: 1,003

I'd be up for one as well...
+Quote Post
lmcchesney
post Apr 27 2004, 07:35 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,381
Region Association: None

Yes, the boys and I could use one. Let me know where to send $.
L. McChesney
+Quote Post
mike_the_man
post Apr 27 2004, 09:14 AM
Post #25

I like stuff!

Member No.: 809

I'm in for 1. Signed would be cool, but not a big deal too me. Let me know how much and where to send the chedda.
+Quote Post
Britain Smith
post Apr 27 2004, 10:08 AM
Post #26

Nano Member

Member No.: 364

Put me down for one.

I actually had Hank and an instructor once...he is awesome.

-Britain
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Apr 27 2004, 12:00 PM
Post #27

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

LOL!! A buddy of mine used to autoX a Mustang. He had a copy of "Secrets" that he'd bought earlier. He showed up one day to a Santa Rosa Airport autoX (before we got kicked out of there for several years) to watch me run. I was talking to Hank when he wandered by, so I introduced him. His eyes got reeeeaaaaaal wide... A few minutes later, he excused himself and ran home (he lived in Windsor at the time, about 4 minutes' drive from the airport site) and came back with his copy of the book. When asked to sign it, Watts pointed to the intro and said, "But my signature is already in there!" He did sign the book again, though.

Watts has about a zillion anecdotes, and is very good at telling them. One of my faves is about his first time driving Terry Zaccone's car "Marcel".

I wonder what he's named the new car? He was having another buddy of mine do some research. The green car was "the Elf" because of its playful nature and the really obnoxious late-60s bright green color it originally was. He eventually repainted it that darker green with the pinstripes. His cab is "Loki", hence the name of the publishing company "Loki Publishing".

I was driving home one day in the yellow car on El Camino Real, and noticed a huge wing up ahead in traffic. "Damn rice-boy" was my first thought. Then I got closer and noticed that the silhouette of the car was more familiar--it was a 911. No rear bumper, either. Uhhh.... Waitaminnit, two snail-shapes hanging there on the rear corners of the car? Hey--I know whose car that has to be!! Traffic allowed me to pull alongside, so I honked, smiled, and waved. That was the first time I'd actually seen Watts' new car. I'd been hearing about it, or plans for it, for several years already.

Oh, BTW--Hank can climb trees really well. Something about having those long, long arms and being fearless enough to crawl out along branches that I wouldn't trust... And he likes avocados well enough to do such climbing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--DD
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 02:52 PM