Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What do you do when you see a "new" 914???, not brand new, just never seen before :)
What do you do when you spot a new-to-you 914??
What do you do when you spot a new-to-you 914??
Get all excited, do what ever it takes to meet the owner. [ 29 ] ** [52.73%]
Mild enthusiasm, just drive by. [ 16 ] ** [29.09%]
Ignore. [ 1 ] ** [1.82%]
You mean there are other 914s out there besides mine?? [ 9 ] ** [16.36%]
Total Votes: 55
Guests cannot vote 
Mueller
post Apr 27 2004, 11:53 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Jeff Bowlsbys post made me think of this, I know there has been a few times I'd be driving along with my wife and spot a never seen-by-me 914...normally I get the "you are not going to try and follow this guy are you???"

I have left my card on a bunch of 914s that I have seen and only a few times has the owner called or e-mailed me back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Apr 27 2004, 11:55 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8

I ignore them if it is a piece of shit.

Sorry. Dont need homeless people driving 914's for customers.

B
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Apr 28 2004, 12:08 AM
Post #3

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

I've only seen two other 914's here...I know there are a few others.

Saw one going to a alarm one day. Wanted to swing the ladder truck around and chase him down. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
airsix
post Apr 28 2004, 12:10 AM
Post #4

I have bees in my epiglotis

Member No.: 266

What do I do when I see another 914? Pull back the turn-signal stalk and hold it for 'two flashes' of the headlights of course. duh. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)

-Ben M.
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Apr 28 2004, 04:26 AM
Post #5

Two trunks are better than one!

Member No.: 42

In the 5+ years that I have been a +914 owner I've seen other 914's on the road exactly twice (not counting our SMOG events or get-togethers). The first time traffic did not permit a U turn to contact the driver. The second time I followed the car and met the owner. I told him about our group and gave him my e-mail address. I didn't hear back for about a year then I got an e-mail from the guy saying that he didn't contact me sooner because his car was "inoperable until now" (Had he contacted me sooner, with the local support available, his car wouldn't have been "inop" for a year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ). Anyways, he said he looked forward to participating in our events so I sent him our calendar of events. He wrote back, "Great, looks like a fun summer coming up" That was 2 years ago. He has not shown up to any of our events. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
URY914
post Apr 28 2004, 06:11 AM
Post #6

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222

We need to develop some sort of "business card" to hand out that has 914world.com on it. I always tell new 914 people I meet about the website but they need something in thier hand to remind them of it later.

Something with the web address, the logo, and a space where we can put our name and number when we give it to them. Make it so it can be downloaded and printed.

I know I can't do this but someone here knows how.

Just a thought,
Paul
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Apr 28 2004, 06:13 AM
Post #7

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

We already have one. Can't find it in the puter right now, but I carry a few in my wallet. I'll bet someone here can point us to it.
+Quote Post
DuckRyder
post Apr 28 2004, 06:21 AM
Post #8

Avatars Mode: OFF because of the recalcitrant few.

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 110

I've only seen 2 others on the road. ! doesn't count because I followed him out of AA. it was a black / 6 with flares. They had just bought it, and the ride to AA was a sweet cooper S (not a new one)

The other I've seen 2-3 times in Fayetteville. It is a bumblebee (or at least a copy) I always see it parked, But I think someone told me it is a V-8 car.

I of course have 2, but one of them is pretty far gone, once I get this one semi reliable, I'll try to investigate the other one further to see if it is worth saving. It was really a nice car, except the rust. It would need the entire console under the battery, but I'm not sure what else. It is an orange 73.
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Apr 28 2004, 07:03 AM
Post #9

ELVIRA

Member No.: 481

QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 28 2004, 04:11 AM)
We need to develop some sort of "business card" to hand out that has 914world.com on it. I always tell new 914 people I meet about the website but they need something in thier hand to remind them of it later.

Something with the web address, the logo, and a space where we can put our name and number when we give it to them. Make it so it can be downloaded and printed.

As designed and posted by Seanery.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Apr 28 2004, 07:08 AM
Post #10

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Do you mean on the road? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Or rusting in a field or back yard someplace? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Apr 28 2004, 08:19 AM
Post #11

You bought another 914?

Member No.: 865

Sometimes it's hard for me to comprehend that there are 914 owners that aren't enthusiastic about these cars  
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Do you mean on the road?  Or rusting in a field or back yard someplace?

For me I don't care where or what condition they are in. I try and stop if I can, you never know you just might make a new friend. I had a few people look at me like I had a third eye or something but for the most part everyone so far that I have talked to has been cool.

I had a guy yesterday at the doctors office stop and check out my car, said he has one in the barn that has not seen day light in 20 yrs, A yup I got his number & address. Going to try and check it out this weekend. He says he is orginal owner, bought it new in Feb of 71, he says its a six, and you know where this going don't you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

My wife says no more cars until I get rid of one of my parts cars, so... the next week here I am going to working my ass off to finish parting one of the parts cars. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

- Garold
+Quote Post
seanery
post Apr 28 2004, 08:21 AM
Post #12

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

hey garold, what's that guy's phone #?
+Quote Post
seanery
post Apr 28 2004, 08:34 AM
Post #13

I just wanna talk to him.
+Quote Post
4WheelDrifter
post Apr 28 2004, 08:39 AM
Post #14

Having a mid-life crisis @ 35

Member No.: 1,934

On the way home from looking at my teener for the second time before buying it, I saw one going north while I was going south. It had the later bumpers.

2nd day I had my teener, I stopped in my brother's garage to show him and a white 72 1.7 drives by, turns around, drives in and parks next to mine. My brother (who doesn't like 914s), says "OH NO!, go park your car in the street. I don't want people thinking we service those things!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) I chatted with the 914 owner for about an hour. Would have talked more but I wanted food. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

There is one the same color as mine in the next town over from me. It's registered but has a flat tire and has been parked since I first saw it months ago. I'll stop in someday soon. Maybe seening another will get the owner to get their 914 back on the road.
+Quote Post
seanery
post Apr 28 2004, 08:41 AM
Post #15

c'mon Garold.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Apr 28 2004, 08:48 AM
Post #16

You bought another 914?

Sure you just want to talk to him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

Actually I told him I would call him tonight, so Sean if you are serious I will ask him if it is ok to give you his number. Not trying to be a dick, and I know you wouldn't F with him, he is nice old man (pushing 80) but I don't like to give out people's number without asking them first.

- Garold
+Quote Post
seanery
post Apr 28 2004, 08:50 AM
Post #17

LOL I'm just playing with YOU!
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Apr 28 2004, 08:52 AM
Post #18

You bought another 914?

bastard (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Apr 28 2004, 08:59 AM
Post #19

You bought another 914?

Just for the record I have a line on a 74 also, doesn't sound like a parts car either might just be
a tranny problem. This one has been sitting for 6 yrs
in yet another barn belonging to a brother of a old friend from high school that I haven't seen in 3 yrs until last week at a local Sears hardware.

I need more room, time to build that 10,000sq ft "SHED" in the back yard. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

- Garold
+Quote Post
Levi
post Apr 28 2004, 09:07 AM
Post #20

Lick my nuts

Member No.: 1,783

I'd buy it.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
So far that's what I've done since I've got the "fever" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I was talking to a guy on the phone the other day and when I told him I needed a key for a 914 he asked if I lived in north Spokane, I said no why? he said because he saw 2 in a back yard the other day and so he was thinking maybe it was my house, he couldn't remember what the street was but he was going to try.
Maybe its best if I don't see anymore (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 12:44 PM