Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you do when you see a "new" 914???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Jeff Bowlsbys post made me think of this, I know there has been a few times I'd be driving along with my wife and spot a never seen-by-me 914...normally I get the "you are not going to try and follow this guy are you???"

I have left my card on a bunch of 914s that I have seen and only a few times has the owner called or e-mailed me back sad.gif
Brad Roberts
I ignore them if it is a piece of shit.

Sorry. Dont need homeless people driving 914's for customers.

B
GWN7
I've only seen two other 914's here...I know there are a few others.

Saw one going to a alarm one day. Wanted to swing the ladder truck around and chase him down. smile.gif
airsix
What do I do when I see another 914? Pull back the turn-signal stalk and hold it for 'two flashes' of the headlights of course. duh. wavey.gif

-Ben M.
Curvie Roadlover
In the 5+ years that I have been a +914 owner I've seen other 914's on the road exactly twice (not counting our SMOG events or get-togethers). The first time traffic did not permit a U turn to contact the driver. The second time I followed the car and met the owner. I told him about our group and gave him my e-mail address. I didn't hear back for about a year then I got an e-mail from the guy saying that he didn't contact me sooner because his car was "inoperable until now" (Had he contacted me sooner, with the local support available, his car wouldn't have been "inop" for a year rolleyes.gif ). Anyways, he said he looked forward to participating in our events so I sent him our calendar of events. He wrote back, "Great, looks like a fun summer coming up" That was 2 years ago. He has not shown up to any of our events. confused24.gif
URY914
We need to develop some sort of "business card" to hand out that has 914world.com on it. I always tell new 914 people I meet about the website but they need something in thier hand to remind them of it later.

Something with the web address, the logo, and a space where we can put our name and number when we give it to them. Make it so it can be downloaded and printed.

I know I can't do this but someone here knows how.

Just a thought,
Paul
TheCabinetmaker
We already have one. Can't find it in the puter right now, but I carry a few in my wallet. I'll bet someone here can point us to it.
DuckRyder
I've only seen 2 others on the road. ! doesn't count because I followed him out of AA. it was a black / 6 with flares. They had just bought it, and the ride to AA was a sweet cooper S (not a new one)

The other I've seen 2-3 times in Fayetteville. It is a bumblebee (or at least a copy) I always see it parked, But I think someone told me it is a V-8 car.

I of course have 2, but one of them is pretty far gone, once I get this one semi reliable, I'll try to investigate the other one further to see if it is worth saving. It was really a nice car, except the rust. It would need the entire console under the battery, but I'm not sure what else. It is an orange 73.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 28 2004, 04:11 AM)
We need to develop some sort of "business card" to hand out that has 914world.com on it. I always tell new 914 people I meet about the website but they need something in thier hand to remind them of it later.

Something with the web address, the logo, and a space where we can put our name and number when we give it to them. Make it so it can be downloaded and printed.

As designed and posted by Seanery.
rick 918-S
Do you mean on the road? confused24.gif Or rusting in a field or back yard someplace? lol2.gif
GaroldShaffer
Sometimes it's hard for me to comprehend that there are 914 owners that aren't enthusiastic about these cars  
agree.gif

Do you mean on the road?  Or rusting in a field or back yard someplace?

For me I don't care where or what condition they are in. I try and stop if I can, you never know you just might make a new friend. I had a few people look at me like I had a third eye or something but for the most part everyone so far that I have talked to has been cool.

I had a guy yesterday at the doctors office stop and check out my car, said he has one in the barn that has not seen day light in 20 yrs, A yup I got his number & address. Going to try and check it out this weekend. He says he is orginal owner, bought it new in Feb of 71, he says its a six, and you know where this going don't you cool_shades.gif

My wife says no more cars until I get rid of one of my parts cars, so... the next week here I am going to working my ass off to finish parting one of the parts cars. biggrin.gif

- Garold
seanery
hey garold, what's that guy's phone #?
seanery
I just wanna talk to him.
4WheelDrifter
On the way home from looking at my teener for the second time before buying it, I saw one going north while I was going south. It had the later bumpers.

2nd day I had my teener, I stopped in my brother's garage to show him and a white 72 1.7 drives by, turns around, drives in and parks next to mine. My brother (who doesn't like 914s), says "OH NO!, go park your car in the street. I don't want people thinking we service those things!" lol2.gif I chatted with the 914 owner for about an hour. Would have talked more but I wanted food. biggrin.gif

There is one the same color as mine in the next town over from me. It's registered but has a flat tire and has been parked since I first saw it months ago. I'll stop in someday soon. Maybe seening another will get the owner to get their 914 back on the road.
seanery
c'mon Garold.
GaroldShaffer
Sure you just want to talk to him. cool_shades.gif

Actually I told him I would call him tonight, so Sean if you are serious I will ask him if it is ok to give you his number. Not trying to be a dick, and I know you wouldn't F with him, he is nice old man (pushing 80) but I don't like to give out people's number without asking them first.

- Garold
seanery
LOL I'm just playing with YOU!
GaroldShaffer
bastard wink.gif

beer.gif
GaroldShaffer
Just for the record I have a line on a 74 also, doesn't sound like a parts car either might just be
a tranny problem. This one has been sitting for 6 yrs
in yet another barn belonging to a brother of a old friend from high school that I haven't seen in 3 yrs until last week at a local Sears hardware.

I need more room, time to build that 10,000sq ft "SHED" in the back yard. laugh.gif

- Garold
Levi
I'd buy it.. laugh.gif
So far that's what I've done since I've got the "fever" biggrin.gif

I was talking to a guy on the phone the other day and when I told him I needed a key for a 914 he asked if I lived in north Spokane, I said no why? he said because he saw 2 in a back yard the other day and so he was thinking maybe it was my house, he couldn't remember what the street was but he was going to try.
Maybe its best if I don't see anymore laugh.gif laugh.gif
JmuRiz
I've seen 2 new-to-me 914s in my area this season. All I can do it wonder why they aren't on this BBS and why they haven't been to any PCA events or group drives. I have never met the owners because I don't know where to meet them. FYI I was in my daily driver when I saw them sad.gif
Ferg
Happened to me just the other day, saw a 75 mustard color 2.0 sitting in a infamous boulder used car lot. Did a U'ey and started poking around the car. Owner of the lot came out (of course) and I tried to talk 914's with him. It was his driver and he claims to have owned 20 over the years. Funny I've been here for 6 and first one i've seen in his lot, I drive by daily. Any how I told him I have one as well and there is a good denver/boulder group. He told me right off he was not intrested and the price for his was 7500 rolleyes.gif it had a rust coming through both front fenders... anyhow I said thanks but not looking to buy.
Ferg.
Levi
Hear is a card I threw together
4WheelDrifter
Intersting, don't you think? No editing of the results by me what so ever. Look at the results numbers top to bottom.
SirAndy
i always try to track 'em down. i usually have (home-made) 914club stickers with me and put them under the wipers if i can't find the owner ...

honked and waved down 2 guys in a nice yellow 1.7 the other day. we pulled over and chatted for half an hour or so. told him to sign up here and show up to some of the events. hope he did ...

Andy
Scott S
I seem to get seen vs seeing someone else - probably because of how obnoxious the car is. I don't drive my car a ton, so when I do, I find myself being more carefull than usual, and listening for any sound that may be a sign of something bad. I have almost been squashed by SUV's a couple of times so I am probably a tad overy cautious. I find that the ricer kids stay in my blind spot (probably trying to figure out what the car is). They never mess with me on the road. As well, I think Porsches sales figures are off by a ton, as everytime I go anywhere in the car it seems like everyone I meet either had one, still has one or their father, mother, daughter, etc has/had one.
Kind nuts.....
415PB
I just pull them over......
Kevin@ojai.net
Once I was going SB on I-5, there was a black 914 I spotted on the NB shoulder. I had just passed an off ramp, so it was about a 10mile+ trip to get turned around. The guy had a 2-0 which was over heating. He was driving from LA area up north for a party or something (he was a drummer.) It ended up he was hauling ass, and ended up running low on oil. He pulled it over as soon as it felt hot. I didn't have any oil with me (wasn't in the 914), but followed him to the next off ramp to get to a gas station. 1.5qt's later he was on his way. His valves sounded loose, he said he was going to check them when he got to his destination. I have his contact info (and name of his band) some place, but never followed up, or found out if he made it to where he was going.

-Kevin
914momo
Normally I jus HONK & WAVE.....Havent chased down or stalked anybody yet but have thought about it ph34r.gif : I get alot of honks from 356's ,911's an so on,hopefully nobody is stalking me ar15.gif
Levi
QUOTE(415PB @ Apr 28 2004, 10:38 AM)

oh sure easy for you.. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Rgreen914
QUOTE(415PB @ Apr 28 2004, 10:38 AM)

Is that with or without a 9mm Beretta in hand?
d7n7master
Well - of course - I flashed my lights... wink.gif
Andyrew
I never see 914's but I see alot of 911's and such. I have Rennlist buisness cards (VERY VERY nicely made cards.. I wish we as a club had some) and I stick them under their wipers. But If I saw a 914 I'd write 914world.com on the card and do the same thing.

Andrew
Bruce Allert
I saw one today, parked in the G. I. Joes lot in Gresham. A black 75 or 6 (can't tell the diff yet) rolleyes.gif Went up & looked at it. It had after market seats covered with store bought covers. Body wasn't too bad. Looked like after market Fuchs & stock ride height. Thought about sticking a 914Club card on the wiper but din't have one wit me headbang.gif

............b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.