Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Proper harness, For weekend warrior
xperu
post Feb 12 2011, 10:13 AM
Post #1

TEXAS

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,213
Region Association: None

I am looking for advice for the proper harness for my 914 for SCAA AX on weekends. I will use a harness bar and Kirkey seats. Can anyone show me the attachment point and the best type of harness to floor connector. Thanks Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Randal
post Feb 12 2011, 10:42 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(xperu @ Feb 12 2011, 08:13 AM) *

I am looking for advice for the proper harness for my 914 for SCAAC AX on weekends. I will use a harness bar and Kirkey seats. Can anyone show me the attachment point and the best type of harness to floor connector. Thanks Mike

The best one I've seen was in my car when I first bought it. It was a bar that attached to the inside of the sail where the shoulder seat belt mounted. It ran from one side to the other and the bigger belts (shoulder straps) mounted on the bar.

I'll bet Bontempi has them.

Andyrews Progress Thread, over in the garage, has a picture of one on his car.
+Quote Post
xperu
post Feb 12 2011, 05:28 PM
Post #3

TEXAS

Member No.: 6,213
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Randal @ Feb 12 2011, 10:42 AM) *

I am looking for advice for the proper harness for my 914 for SCAAC AX on weekends. I will use a harness bar and Kirkey seats. Can anyone show me the attachment point and the best type of harness to floor connector. Thanks Mike

The best one I've seen was in my car when I first bought it. It was a bar that attached to the inside of the sail where the shoulder seat belt mounted. It ran from one side to the other and the bigger belts (shoulder straps) mounted on the bar.

Thanks Randal, BTW that is a really nice looking car you have shown on you Avitar, I like the action shot. Mike
+Quote Post
Randal
post Feb 12 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

QUOTE(xperu @ Feb 12 2011, 03:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Feb 12 2011, 10:42 AM) *

Thanks Randal, BTW that is a really nice looking car you have shown on you Avitar, I like the action shot. Mike

Thanks Mike
+Quote Post
sean_v8_914
post Mar 1 2011, 08:24 AM
Post #5

Chingon 601

Member No.: 3,541

here is some good info about proper mounting points. the angle that the harness pulls from is critical for safety
http://www.schrothracing.com/sdocs/2009_Co...nstructions.pdf
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 10:38 PM