Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: '74 914 1.8 rough idling FI project now $2200, Located in Birmngham, Alabama
HolyMoses
post Feb 17 2011, 11:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,797
Region Association: South East States

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageI spent Valentine's weekend with her and it is clear that it is time to part with her, as I am such a novice to the wiley ways of the 914. Inherited her about a year ago, after she sat for several years neglected, mostly indoors.

The Odd: It has been painted at least three times before I got her. Originally Ravenna Green. I have sanded and primed gray, which is its current outside color.

The Good: I have done some work, all new fluids, gas tank removal and cleaned; brakes work. All new fuel injectors, plugs, wires, coil, distributor cap, and battery. Some vacuum lines replaced. Drove it 765 miles before she suddenly began to run rough, and I do not have the time or place now to work on it in earnest. I have done all that I can do trying to follow "resolving rich mixture issues" posts. Have bumpers and headlight covers which were removed for painting. Also have passenger interior door panel.

The Bad: There is some rust, especially the battery tray. Horn, console clock, and outside passenger door handle do not work. Radio antenna mount broken. Now asking $2200 to put toward a car for my daughters (they loved that "it's a Porsche" but hate the 5 speed).

The Ugly: There are three places of body panel damage: the front of the driver's door, right rear wheel well, and left rear corner damage that is visible from inside the trunk.

Comes with chrome luggage rack a new set of engine seals. Clear title; you can PM me, email, text or call. Have additional pics. I am a novice at this but will try to answer any questions I can. David, commerd@bellsouth.net 205 910-2562 in Center Point (Birmingham), AL.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 05:05 AM