Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: 2014 VW Microbus?
zymurgist
post Feb 18 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #1

"Ace" Mechanic

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,238
Region Association: None

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.roadandtrack.com-4238-1298070509.1.jpg)

So what if the the engine is at the wrong end... but I think it's cooler looking than any other minivan on the market today.

Road & Track article
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Feb 18 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #2

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

Looks almost like the hotwheels Matchbox (oops, its facing left) Concept car I bought several years ago.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
DanT
post Feb 18 2011, 05:38 PM
Post #3

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

that would be great with a nice 2.0L TDI and 6 speed tiptronic (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Feb 18 2011, 06:21 PM
Post #4

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Based on the copyright not being to VW, this is an "artists deception" (artists conception) of what it could look like. The Geneva show next month may have VW's actual design study/mock-up/show car for this, as well as the new Baby Boxter/356 Redux/914 Redux or whatever for a first showing (both are talked about for 2013-15 MYs' timeframe).

IMHO - this artist's study missed the boat on what a retro concept VW Mini-Bus Redux should look like, by trying to put retangular wraparound headlights & taillights on something that would look much better with round or oval shaped lights like the original microbus had. After all, that goes better with the roundy shape.

Of course, this artist has no corner on screwing up a great retro design in that VW itself has debauched the pooch ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) ) with their redesign of the New Beatle to look like some hot-rodder's chopped-n-channeled Rat-Bug - again, just IMHO from a designer's eye. I think the New Bug had nice lines & to change it for the sake of change - without improving the lines & shape, is just B. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) !
+Quote Post
thomasotten
post Feb 19 2011, 06:10 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,349

Having a family, I would love to see VW reintroduce this bus. Their current minivan is so ugly. (is it even a VW? It looks like a domestic masked with a VW logo). Do a search and you will find the VW microbus concept they did a few years ago (official VW).

Oh, and I have a New Beetle. So far, from the spy shots, I don't really like the New New Beetle.

+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Feb 19 2011, 09:16 AM
Post #6

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 18 2011, 04:21 PM) *

Based on the copyright not being to VW, this is an "artists deception" (artists conception) of what it could look like. The Geneva show next month may have VW's actual design study/mock-up/show car for this, as well as the new Baby Boxter/356 Redux/914 Redux or whatever for a first showing (both are talked about for 2013-15 MYs' timeframe).

IMHO - this artist's study missed the boat on what a retro concept VW Mini-Bus Redux should look like, by trying to put retangular wraparound headlights & taillights on something that would look much better with round or oval shaped lights like the original microbus had. After all, that goes better with the roundy shape.

Of course, this artist has no corner on screwing up a great retro design in that VW itself has debauched the pooch ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif) ) with their redesign of the New Beatle to look like some hot-rodder's chopped-n-channeled Rat-Bug - again, just IMHO from a designer's eye. I think the New Bug had nice lines & to change it for the sake of change - without improving the lines & shape, is just B. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) !

The copyright name is a company that provides "spy photos" for many prominent web and print publications. They're established and relaible. That said, this concept vehicle has been around for a decade, and prior information indicates it's larger than the Eurovan. The EV is so big it won't fit on conventional lifts, and it extremely labor intensive for all but the smallest repairs.

The Cap'n
+Quote Post
clapeza
post Feb 19 2011, 09:41 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 12,677
Region Association: South East States

I want 21 windows and a panoramic big-arse sunroof! Throw in AWD, and I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Chester
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Feb 19 2011, 10:24 AM
Post #8

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

I'll keep my '67 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
sww914
post Feb 19 2011, 11:18 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,146

I'd like to see that in Rasta colors.
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Feb 19 2011, 11:20 AM
Post #10

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

They should find a way to work the round lights into the concept.
+Quote Post
johannes
post Feb 19 2011, 04:39 PM
Post #11

Club Porsche 914 France President

Member No.: 5,409
Region Association: France

I see this concept picture on the web for two years... or even more ...
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Feb 19 2011, 06:23 PM
Post #12

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Well if I ever needed a mini-van, it would be that one with a set of the newly designed Fuchs wheels.
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Feb 19 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #13

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

Modified with round headlights and Fuchs rims.

Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Black22
post Feb 19 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 8,290
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 19 2011, 05:00 PM) *

Attached Image

I like it!
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Feb 19 2011, 08:30 PM
Post #15

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 19 2011, 10:16 AM) *

The copyright name is a company that provides "spy photos" for many prominent web and print publications. They're established and relaible. That said, this concept vehicle has been around for a decade, and prior information indicates it's larger than the Eurovan. The EV is so big it won't fit on conventional lifts, and it extremely labor intensive for all but the smallest repairs.

The Cap'n

Come on, tell us what you really think about the awesome and reliable Eurovan.
Tows cars on trailers, one ton truck suspension (tested and true), gets 25mpg, holds 7 people with ease....

I fell in love with the TDI Eurovan while living in Germany with 4 kids....its an awesome ride that would hold 120-130 on the highway and it got 35mpg at that time...

Rich
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Feb 20 2011, 09:42 AM
Post #16

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Yup! That is the way it should look. Sweet.
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Feb 20 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #17

"Ace" Mechanic

Member No.: 4,238

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 19 2011, 08:00 PM) *

Attached Image

Much better! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
DanT
post Feb 20 2011, 11:21 AM
Post #18

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

the wheels need to be RSR finish....to shiny for that bus.
+Quote Post
flipb
post Feb 20 2011, 02:24 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 10,752
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(thomasotten @ Feb 19 2011, 07:10 AM) *

Their current minivan is so ugly. (is it even a VW? It looks like a domestic masked with a VW logo).

Yes, the Routan is a badge-engineered Chrysler minivan.
+Quote Post
beech4rd
post Feb 20 2011, 04:39 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 7,445
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 19 2011, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 19 2011, 10:16 AM) *

The Cap'n

Come on, tell us what you really think about the awesome and reliable Eurovan.
Tows cars on trailers, one ton truck suspension (tested and true), gets 25mpg, holds 7 people with ease....

I fell in love with the TDI Eurovan while living in Germany with 4 kids....its an awesome ride that would hold 120-130 on the highway and it got 35mpg at that time...

Rich

java script:emoticon(':agree:',%20'smid_9')

Do shops in California have small lifts? The shop that repairs and services my Eurovan works mostly on Audis and they have no problem raising my Eurovan on their lifts. And the bills for repairs to my A4 tend to be greater than the bills for the Eurovan. This is a common commercial vehicle in Europe and was designed to be relatively easy and cheap to maintain. A basic requirement of commercial vehicles. That said, this prototype is just another unnessessary attempt by VW to trade on nostalgia. A Golf has considerably more interior space for both passengers and cargo than a New Beetle- thus the NB is a toy. If a purchaser wants space and practicality, why would they buy a toy? Oops, forgot about that ugly faux-wood sided monstrosity that Chrysler installed on a Neon platform.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 08:10 PM