Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: 2014 VW Microbus?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zymurgist
IPB Image

So what if the the engine is at the wrong end... but I think it's cooler looking than any other minivan on the market today.

Road & Track article
montoya 73 2.0
Looks almost like the hotwheels Matchbox (oops, its facing left) Concept car I bought several years ago.

Click to view attachment
DanT
that would be great with a nice 2.0L TDI and 6 speed tiptronic biggrin.gif
Tom_T

Based on the copyright not being to VW, this is an "artists deception" (artists conception) of what it could look like. The Geneva show next month may have VW's actual design study/mock-up/show car for this, as well as the new Baby Boxter/356 Redux/914 Redux or whatever for a first showing (both are talked about for 2013-15 MYs' timeframe).

IMHO - this artist's study missed the boat on what a retro concept VW Mini-Bus Redux should look like, by trying to put retangular wraparound headlights & taillights on something that would look much better with round or oval shaped lights like the original microbus had. After all, that goes better with the roundy shape.

Of course, this artist has no corner on screwing up a great retro design in that VW itself has debauched the pooch ( sheeplove.gif ) with their redesign of the New Beatle to look like some hot-rodder's chopped-n-channeled Rat-Bug - again, just IMHO from a designer's eye. I think the New Bug had nice lines & to change it for the sake of change - without improving the lines & shape, is just B. stromberg.gif !
thomasotten
Having a family, I would love to see VW reintroduce this bus. Their current minivan is so ugly. (is it even a VW? It looks like a domestic masked with a VW logo). Do a search and you will find the VW microbus concept they did a few years ago (official VW).

Oh, and I have a New Beetle. So far, from the spy shots, I don't really like the New New Beetle.

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 18 2011, 04:21 PM) *

Based on the copyright not being to VW, this is an "artists deception" (artists conception) of what it could look like. The Geneva show next month may have VW's actual design study/mock-up/show car for this, as well as the new Baby Boxter/356 Redux/914 Redux or whatever for a first showing (both are talked about for 2013-15 MYs' timeframe).

IMHO - this artist's study missed the boat on what a retro concept VW Mini-Bus Redux should look like, by trying to put retangular wraparound headlights & taillights on something that would look much better with round or oval shaped lights like the original microbus had. After all, that goes better with the roundy shape.

Of course, this artist has no corner on screwing up a great retro design in that VW itself has debauched the pooch ( sheeplove.gif ) with their redesign of the New Beatle to look like some hot-rodder's chopped-n-channeled Rat-Bug - again, just IMHO from a designer's eye. I think the New Bug had nice lines & to change it for the sake of change - without improving the lines & shape, is just B. stromberg.gif !

The copyright name is a company that provides "spy photos" for many prominent web and print publications. They're established and relaible. That said, this concept vehicle has been around for a decade, and prior information indicates it's larger than the Eurovan. The EV is so big it won't fit on conventional lifts, and it extremely labor intensive for all but the smallest repairs.

The Cap'n
clapeza
I want 21 windows and a panoramic big-arse sunroof! Throw in AWD, and I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Chester
Mark Henry
I'll keep my '67 wink.gif
sww914
I'd like to see that in Rasta colors.
Eric_Shea
They should find a way to work the round lights into the concept.
johannes
I see this concept picture on the web for two years... or even more ...
Cairo94507
Well if I ever needed a mini-van, it would be that one with a set of the newly designed Fuchs wheels.
poorsche914
Modified with round headlights and Fuchs rims.

Click to view attachment
Black22
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 19 2011, 05:00 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I like it!
r_towle
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 19 2011, 10:16 AM) *

The copyright name is a company that provides "spy photos" for many prominent web and print publications. They're established and relaible. That said, this concept vehicle has been around for a decade, and prior information indicates it's larger than the Eurovan. The EV is so big it won't fit on conventional lifts, and it extremely labor intensive for all but the smallest repairs.

The Cap'n

Come on, tell us what you really think about the awesome and reliable Eurovan.
Tows cars on trailers, one ton truck suspension (tested and true), gets 25mpg, holds 7 people with ease....

I fell in love with the TDI Eurovan while living in Germany with 4 kids....its an awesome ride that would hold 120-130 on the highway and it got 35mpg at that time...

Rich
Cairo94507
Yup! That is the way it should look. Sweet.
zymurgist
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 19 2011, 08:00 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Much better! thumb3d.gif
DanT
the wheels need to be RSR finish....to shiny for that bus.
flipb
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Feb 19 2011, 07:10 AM) *

Their current minivan is so ugly. (is it even a VW? It looks like a domestic masked with a VW logo).

Yes, the Routan is a badge-engineered Chrysler minivan.
beech4rd
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 19 2011, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 19 2011, 10:16 AM) *

The Cap'n

Come on, tell us what you really think about the awesome and reliable Eurovan.
Tows cars on trailers, one ton truck suspension (tested and true), gets 25mpg, holds 7 people with ease....

I fell in love with the TDI Eurovan while living in Germany with 4 kids....its an awesome ride that would hold 120-130 on the highway and it got 35mpg at that time...

Rich

java script:emoticon(':agree:',%20'smid_9')

Do shops in California have small lifts? The shop that repairs and services my Eurovan works mostly on Audis and they have no problem raising my Eurovan on their lifts. And the bills for repairs to my A4 tend to be greater than the bills for the Eurovan. This is a common commercial vehicle in Europe and was designed to be relatively easy and cheap to maintain. A basic requirement of commercial vehicles. That said, this prototype is just another unnessessary attempt by VW to trade on nostalgia. A Golf has considerably more interior space for both passengers and cargo than a New Beetle- thus the NB is a toy. If a purchaser wants space and practicality, why would they buy a toy? Oops, forgot about that ugly faux-wood sided monstrosity that Chrysler installed on a Neon platform.
natemeins
If they build, with TDi; I'm in!
majkos
Lose the Audi front apperance
Looks like a baby Mack (Truck)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.