Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> HF transmission jack, How did it work?
Randal
post Feb 21 2011, 12:07 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

First time putting the engine in the car with this jack. Also the first time I did it solo.

Really the only problem was supporting the transmission. As Chris pointed out the balance point is behind the engine, so had to get creative. I do need to look at Chris's platform to see if it would work with the bottom of my engine (tuna can and exterior oiling system). Otherwise something will have to be built to extend back and support the transmission.

Being able to adjust the engine side to side really helped getting the cross bar into position to bolt down. I did have to jack up the transmission up to meet that acute angle of the car. FYI the lower engine sheet metal was 35" above ground.

Taking the one set of TB's off worked great, no problems with clearance, other than trying to do the job without screwing up the plumbing or electrical for the FI.

Now I have to start the exercise to hook up everything, which is a bit more complicated on this engine than most. Especially the oiling system.

After two years I found myself looking for the pictures I took before I removed the engine. Where did my memory go? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 07:24 AM