Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Strut Inserts, 5 stud struts need identifying and adjustment
Philw
post Mar 14 2011, 07:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,170
Region Association: England

Hello again from the UK, I now have my '74 2:0 litre back from having the hell hole and associated problems repaired and am about to embark on the reassmbly and return to the road after 8 long years.... On my long list of "to do's" is the fact that the 5 stud front set up that I swapped to (this was the original reason for the 914 being taken off the road 8 years ago).... is not sitting quite right in that there is more threaded strut showing above the cup and lock nut in the luggage compartment than there was with the "old" 914 set up. It is so bad that the lid can't close properly as the tips of the strut make contact with the bonnet. I was told the struts were from a '73 911S but then do they "all say that"??!!! the rotor is vented and the strut is red. If you guys are still with me my questions are as follows:

Can the strut be adjusted so the threaded section is wound into the strut allowing the proper clearance?

If not do I need to swap the insert for a 914 insert?

How can I identify which model of 911 the strut assembly is from?

Thanks in advance for your help, if neccesary I'll take some pictures to help. I am sure I'll be back along lots more with questions as I try to get the old Texan girl rolling again....

Phil

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:19 AM