Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Back on the road, My first 1800
Bartlett 914
post Mar 18 2011, 09:21 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,707
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Well I was able to take my 914 out of storage this week. I have a customer in Louisiana that needed me so I decided to drive the 914. He told me it was "Toasty" down there. I left Chicago it was in the 40's. I was hoping to take the top off in southern Illinois. No way! It kept getting colder and colder. Near Effingham. it started snowing and got real bad. It didn't warm up until Memphis and not real warm at that. Louisiana the next day was real nice as were the next 2 days. I drove home yesterday and the weather was perfect. I had the top off 80% of the trip. I did have a few minor problems but all in all, the car ran great. After such a long winter, it was bliss to be back on the road. I put in 30 hours behind the wheel this week. Next month, Richmond! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Mar 18 2011, 10:58 AM
Post #2

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

It's that time of year already. My wife and I have dug our 914 out a few times when the roads are dry. I can't wait for Spring to set in!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Mar 18 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #3

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Sounds like a fun drive regardless of the cold/snow.

We always loved "F-ing Ham" on our road trips back to Indy area & down to OK from there - the source of endless jokes for 100s of miles either side of that unfortunately named town! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

IIRC - one of the members on here is an "F-ing Hammer"! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:50 PM