Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back on the road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bartlett 914
Well I was able to take my 914 out of storage this week. I have a customer in Louisiana that needed me so I decided to drive the 914. He told me it was "Toasty" down there. I left Chicago it was in the 40's. I was hoping to take the top off in southern Illinois. No way! It kept getting colder and colder. Near Effingham. it started snowing and got real bad. It didn't warm up until Memphis and not real warm at that. Louisiana the next day was real nice as were the next 2 days. I drove home yesterday and the weather was perfect. I had the top off 80% of the trip. I did have a few minor problems but all in all, the car ran great. After such a long winter, it was bliss to be back on the road. I put in 30 hours behind the wheel this week. Next month, Richmond! driving.gif
Root_Werks
driving.gif

It's that time of year already. My wife and I have dug our 914 out a few times when the roads are dry. I can't wait for Spring to set in!

driving.gif
Tom_T
Sounds like a fun drive regardless of the cold/snow.

We always loved "F-ing Ham" on our road trips back to Indy area & down to OK from there - the source of endless jokes for 100s of miles either side of that unfortunately named town! biggrin.gif

IIRC - one of the members on here is an "F-ing Hammer"! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.