Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Relay boards, Difference between /6-/4
RiqueMar
post Mar 23 2011, 08:32 AM
Post #1

Enrique Allen Mar

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,478
Region Association: Southern California

Found is relay board yesterday, and I think its a /6 type, because it has less relays? If I remember correctly, the /4 has 4 spots for relays?

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i16.photobucket.com-9478-1300860420.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Mar 23 2011, 09:02 AM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

You are correct Bugle Boy ....

/6 relay board has 14 pin main body harness connector and 14 pin engine harness connector. Less relays, somewhat different layout, etc

/4 relay board has 14 pin main body harness connector and 12 pin engine harness connector. More relays, etc ......

Just use the /4 on your car and match function for the wires on the engine harness. Unless ..........
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Mar 23 2011, 09:10 AM
Post #3

Enrique Allen Mar

Unless? The suspence is killing! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

You didn't fall asleep on me, did you Grandpa? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellowsleep[1].gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Mar 23 2011, 10:38 AM
Post #4

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

What's up with your father's six?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Mar 23 2011, 11:17 AM
Post #5

Enrique Allen Mar

Slits: For my 2,7 would it be better to use the /6 relay board or the /4. I have yet to really understand wiring, so I'm clueless.

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 23 2011, 09:38 AM) *

What's up with your father's six?

You hit the nail on the head Mark, that's what I've been saying! At least he is finally decided on an engine, the 2.2S w/ Carbs. That only took about a year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellowsleep[1].gif) You wouldn't believe how many times he went from a 3.6, to a 3.2 w Carbs, then a 3.2 w/ direct ignition or PMOs. He even threw out the idea of a 3.0 SC Engine w/ Zeniths like I was gonna do. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

Ive been trying to get him on it, but he is too busy in his Ferrari world. I must say, it's pretty cool though. He bought a 360 Challenge Stradale and is converting all the brakes, suspension, interior into his 360 Spyder.
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Mar 23 2011, 12:18 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Mar 23 2011, 08:10 AM) *

Unless? The suspence is killing! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

You didn't fall asleep on me, did you Grandpa? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yellowsleep[1].gif)

Slits isn't being suspenceful. He just doesn't know what he's talking about. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Mar 23 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #7

Enrique Allen Mar

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 23 2011, 11:18 AM) *

Slits isn't being suspenceful. He just doesn't know what he's talking about. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) Does he ever?
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Mar 23 2011, 05:43 PM
Post #8

Ha ... yonug farts and old UPS pilots .... what a combo

The only benefit to the /6 relay board would be the raw fuel injection into the carbs for cold startup .... nice fire if it backfires. You would need the original air cleaner with the spray tubes and run it. You would also need to acquire the proper relays ... I have a pic somewhere of it.

Other than the above, the function would be the same to me. I used the /4 with the /4 engine harness and, following a wiring diagram, matched function for the wires needed. I even used the fuel pump relay to fire the fuel pump.

Wanna spend more money then use the /6 and acquire a /6 engine harness.

Others do away with the relay board entirely ... there are threads on this ... and eventually the "real" experts will chime in****

**** that doesn't include you Elleyot ............

Oh, the "unless" is if you want to join the pinky lifting, gold chain, whine and cheese crowd.
+Quote Post
windforfun
post Mar 23 2011, 05:52 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 8,476

It looks like either one will cook your battery if you use the old OEM voltage regulator. Whatever.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Mar 23 2011, 06:10 PM
Post #10

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

If you decide you're not going to use it, let me know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Mar 23 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #11

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 23 2011, 04:43 PM) *

The only benefit to the /6 relay board would be the raw fuel injection into the carbs for cold startup .... nice fire if it backfires. You would need the original air cleaner with the spray tubes and run it. You would also need to acquire the proper relays ... I have a pic somewhere of it.

Other than the above, the function would be the same to me. I used the /4 with the /4 engine harness and, following a wiring diagram, matched function for the wires needed. I even used the fuel pump relay to fire the fuel pump.

Others do away with the relay board entirely ... there are threads on this ... and eventually the "real" experts will chime in****

Oh, the "unless" is if you want to join the pinky lifting, gold chain, whine and cheese crowd.

Holy shite!! Do you suppose he really DOES know what he's talking about?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

NAAAAAAAHHHH (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Mar 23 2011, 07:27 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 23 2011, 06:05 PM) *

Holy shite!! Do you suppose he really DOES know what he's talking about?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

NAAAAAAAHHHH (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Well, I can spread bullshit deeper than your boots. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif)
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Mar 23 2011, 07:46 PM
Post #13

Enrique Allen Mar

You forgot the to include the 'Salmon Shirt, Cayenne driver' in that description (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:26 PM