Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Relay boards
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Found is relay board yesterday, and I think its a /6 type, because it has less relays? If I remember correctly, the /4 has 4 spots for relays?

IPB Image
SLITS
You are correct Bugle Boy ....

/6 relay board has 14 pin main body harness connector and 14 pin engine harness connector. Less relays, somewhat different layout, etc

/4 relay board has 14 pin main body harness connector and 12 pin engine harness connector. More relays, etc ......

Just use the /4 on your car and match function for the wires on the engine harness. Unless ..........
RiqueMar
Unless? The suspence is killing! biggrin.gif

You didn't fall asleep on me, did you Grandpa? yellowsleep[1].gif
mepstein
What's up with your father's six?
RiqueMar

Slits: For my 2,7 would it be better to use the /6 relay board or the /4. I have yet to really understand wiring, so I'm clueless.

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 23 2011, 09:38 AM) *

What's up with your father's six?

You hit the nail on the head Mark, that's what I've been saying! At least he is finally decided on an engine, the 2.2S w/ Carbs. That only took about a year yellowsleep[1].gif You wouldn't believe how many times he went from a 3.6, to a 3.2 w Carbs, then a 3.2 w/ direct ignition or PMOs. He even threw out the idea of a 3.0 SC Engine w/ Zeniths like I was gonna do. chair.gif screwy.gif ar15.gif

Ive been trying to get him on it, but he is too busy in his Ferrari world. I must say, it's pretty cool though. He bought a 360 Challenge Stradale and is converting all the brakes, suspension, interior into his 360 Spyder.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Mar 23 2011, 08:10 AM) *

Unless? The suspence is killing! biggrin.gif

You didn't fall asleep on me, did you Grandpa? yellowsleep[1].gif

Slits isn't being suspenceful. He just doesn't know what he's talking about. happy11.gif av-943.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 23 2011, 11:18 AM) *

Slits isn't being suspenceful. He just doesn't know what he's talking about. happy11.gif av-943.gif

agree.gif stirthepot.gif Does he ever?
SLITS
Ha ... yonug farts and old UPS pilots .... what a combo

The only benefit to the /6 relay board would be the raw fuel injection into the carbs for cold startup .... nice fire if it backfires. You would need the original air cleaner with the spray tubes and run it. You would also need to acquire the proper relays ... I have a pic somewhere of it.

Other than the above, the function would be the same to me. I used the /4 with the /4 engine harness and, following a wiring diagram, matched function for the wires needed. I even used the fuel pump relay to fire the fuel pump.

Wanna spend more money then use the /6 and acquire a /6 engine harness.

Others do away with the relay board entirely ... there are threads on this ... and eventually the "real" experts will chime in****

**** that doesn't include you Elleyot ............

Oh, the "unless" is if you want to join the pinky lifting, gold chain, whine and cheese crowd.
windforfun
It looks like either one will cook your battery if you use the old OEM voltage regulator. Whatever.
McMark
If you decide you're not going to use it, let me know. wavey.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 23 2011, 04:43 PM) *

The only benefit to the /6 relay board would be the raw fuel injection into the carbs for cold startup .... nice fire if it backfires. You would need the original air cleaner with the spray tubes and run it. You would also need to acquire the proper relays ... I have a pic somewhere of it.

Other than the above, the function would be the same to me. I used the /4 with the /4 engine harness and, following a wiring diagram, matched function for the wires needed. I even used the fuel pump relay to fire the fuel pump.

Others do away with the relay board entirely ... there are threads on this ... and eventually the "real" experts will chime in****

Oh, the "unless" is if you want to join the pinky lifting, gold chain, whine and cheese crowd.

Holy shite!! Do you suppose he really DOES know what he's talking about?? WTF.gif confused24.gif idea.gif

NAAAAAAAHHHH lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Mar 23 2011, 06:05 PM) *

Holy shite!! Do you suppose he really DOES know what he's talking about?? WTF.gif confused24.gif idea.gif

NAAAAAAAHHHH lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif biggrin.gif

Well, I can spread bullshit deeper than your boots. stromberg.gif
RiqueMar

You forgot the to include the 'Salmon Shirt, Cayenne driver' in that description sunglasses.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.