Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone have a CarFax account?, that would be willing to run a BMW VIN for me
PlaysWithCars
post Mar 25 2011, 10:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,323
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hi, I'm finding myself in that difficult position again of trying to talk myself into buying a car that I don't need but that I am drawn to. It's a sickness I know.

Its a 2003 bimmer M3 convertible, but it has a salvage title which is what makes it a possibility for me to own. The current owner doesn't have any history on the car so I thought it would be prudent to get a CarFax on the car before I even make the trip to look at it. I'm hoping to find a documented maintenance history to gain confidence in the basic mechanical condition of the car.

If you have a CarFax account and could run the number for me I would appreciate it. I'd even be happy to help you pay for your account. I'm struggling paying CarFax $35 for a single report.

PM me if you can help and I'll send you the VIN. Thanks.

P.S. this could lead to a nice '74 914-2.0 coming up for sale. I'm just out of room and want to start working on my -6.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914junkie
post Mar 25 2011, 10:57 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,848
Region Association: None

QUOTE(plays with cars @ Mar 25 2011, 09:41 PM) *

Hi, I'm finding myself in that difficult position again of trying to talk myself into buying a car that I don't need but that I am drawn to. It's a sickness I know.

Its a 2003 bimmer M3 convertible, but it has a salvage title which is what makes it a possibility for me to own. The current owner doesn't have any history on the car so I thought it would be prudent to get a CarFax on the car before I even make the trip to look at it. I'm hoping to find a documented maintenance history to gain confidence in the basic mechanical condition of the car.

If you have a CarFax account and could run the number for me I would appreciate it. I'd even be happy to help you pay for your account. I'm struggling paying CarFax $35 for a single report.

PM me if you can help and I'll send you the VIN. Thanks.

P.S. this could lead to a nice '74 914-2.0 coming up for sale. I'm just out of room and want to start working on my -6.

I just paid for a CarFax and I think it was good for five VIN's, I've run two or three so I should have a couple left. PM the VIN to me and I'll see what I can do. ~ Paul
+Quote Post
PlaysWithCars
post Mar 25 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,323
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Thanks Paul. PM on its way.

Let me know if want anything to help offset your CarFax subscription.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:37 PM