Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

69 Pages V « < 40 41 42 43 44 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just another damned project thread, 914-6 3.2 conversion in GT dress-up
ConeDodger
post May 7 2015, 07:57 PM
Post #821

Apex killer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(altitude411 @ May 7 2015, 04:44 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 7 2015, 07:24 PM) *

Just went to pick up dinner for everyone at home with the 914. The roller girl at Sonic did not ask if it was a Fiat. She did not ask what kind of car it was. She simply said "that is the best looking 914 I have ever seen!" I was stunned. "How did you know what it was?" Her dad is our local region prez... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I haven't seen her but I'm pretty sure I (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) her... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Well besides the whole jail time for her being 17, I can say that you do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) her...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
altitude411
post May 7 2015, 08:04 PM
Post #822

I drove my 6 into a tree

Member No.: 17,932
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Um....ah... what a great kid. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif)
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post May 8 2015, 10:11 AM
Post #823

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 7 2015, 04:52 PM) *
Anyone have a source?

Get the Stoddard one, and a can of silver spray-paint. Done!

(Or talk to McMark about the chrome-like finish he was looking into at one point. Was it powder coat? Or get some shiny chrome-like vinyl wrapped on the Stoddard one.)

--DD
+Quote Post
McMark
post May 8 2015, 10:19 AM
Post #824

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Yeah, Dave's right. Search for a local place that does 'spray chrome'.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/s10.postimage.org-419-1431101987.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 8 2015, 12:38 PM
Post #825

Apex killer!

QUOTE(McMark @ May 8 2015, 07:19 AM) *

Yeah, Dave's right. Search for a local place that does 'spray chrome'.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/s10.postimage.org-419-1431101987.1.jpg)

Hmmm... Good idea.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 10 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #826

Apex killer!

Just saw a WTB in the Classifieds for a single trunk spring and it made me think of this... McMark told me I may have a problem using the original front trunk springs with the Getty Design GT replica lid. I thought I would give it a try first so I put both springs on the lowest tension setting. Perfect. No bending or cracking from the lid just a nice smooth close... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 25 2015, 07:15 PM
Post #827

Apex killer!

So happy Memorial Day to all! Yopu and I are going out later. This morning we all went out for brunch then Samantha (daughter) and I went to the gun range to shoot. That was exciting as one of the range gals got hit with a ricochet in the stomach and Sam and I got to dress and treat it before taking her to the ER for some more definitive treatment.
Yopu had some business to do this afternoon so I settled in to the garage and decided to do some work on the 914. I had gotten Spoke's LED tails and turns a while back but hadn't taken the time to put them on yet. His instructions on the Group Buy thread are pretty good so this took only a half hour... Big improvement! Very pleased. Nicho wants me to ask Jerry if he will do them for the 944!

Here are some pics...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
worn
post May 25 2015, 07:51 PM
Post #828

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 25 2015, 06:15 PM) *

So happy Memorial Day to all! Yopu and I are going out later. This morning we all went out for brunch then Samantha (daughter) and I went to the gun range to shoot. That was exciting as one of the range gals got hit with a ricochet in the stomach and Sam and I got to dress and treat it before taking her to the ER for some more definitive treatment.
Yopu had some business to do this afternoon so I settled in to the garage and decided to do some work on the 914. I had gotten Spoke's LED tails and turns a while back but hadn't taken the time to put them on yet. His instructions on the Group Buy thread are pretty good so this took only a half hour... Big improvement! Very pleased. Nicho wants me to ask Jerry if he will do them for the 944!

Here are some pics...

This is what I love about the Porsche crowd. Bullet wound in the abdomen completely overshadowed by LED tailight discussion. I guess the only thing to say is rock on! Just like our small pca chapter.
+Quote Post
worn
post May 25 2015, 07:59 PM
Post #829

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 7 2015, 05:17 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ May 7 2015, 03:09 PM) *

All early badges were gold, so I doubt it.

Boo! Eric's aren't. Of course any sense of originality went away when he put that Garvey light on the rear! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Is there really a west coast ramble license plate? They don't mess much with what you wear in front here, but they seem to care about the rear plates! IGod that looks nice. As does the McMark front bumper.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 25 2015, 11:41 PM
Post #830

Apex killer!

Front plate not required according to Nicho. So I'd take that with a grain of salt. He's 17 and 'knows everything.' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

There was a WCR license plate. We haven't done one in years though.
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post May 26 2015, 04:58 AM
Post #831

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 25 2015, 09:15 PM) *

Here are some pics...

Hi Rob,
I know someone (me) who has an extra Rear Fog Light Assembly if you want to join the Kool Boys Club for you beautiful 914 rearend??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) Riding & Styling in the 914-Hood (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
Send me a PM if interested.
Tom
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 26 2015, 08:55 AM
Post #832

Apex killer!

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ May 26 2015, 01:58 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 25 2015, 09:15 PM) *

Here are some pics...

Hi Rob,
I know someone (me) who has an extra Rear Fog Light Assembly if you want to join the Kool Boys Club for you beautiful 914 rearend??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) Riding & Styling in the 914-Hood (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
Send me a PM if interested.
Tom

TBlizz! Love it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 26 2015, 12:58 PM
Post #833

Apex killer!

And the fronts are in too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 26 2015, 01:06 PM
Post #834

Apex killer!

QUOTE(worn @ May 25 2015, 04:51 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 25 2015, 06:15 PM) *

Here are some pics...

This is what I love about the Porsche crowd. Bullet wound in the abdomen completely overshadowed by LED tailight discussion. I guess the only thing to say is rock on! Just like our small pca chapter.

Ive seen an awful lot of bullet wounds so... Eh... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Samantha not so much. That's why I had her handle it. She was great. Brand new RN. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
McMark
post May 26 2015, 01:28 PM
Post #835

914 Freak!

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 26 2015, 12:06 PM) *
Ive seen an awful lot of bullet wounds so... Eh... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Samantha not so much. That's why I had her handle it. She was great. Brand new RN. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)=

Sometimes I'll shoot myself in the leg, just to get his attention. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 26 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #836

Apex killer!

QUOTE(McMark @ May 26 2015, 10:28 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 26 2015, 12:06 PM) *
Ive seen an awful lot of bullet wounds so... Eh... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) Samantha not so much. That's why I had her handle it. She was great. Brand new RN. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)=

Sometimes I'll shoot myself in the leg, just to get his attention. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I'm sorry. Did you say something Mark? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 31 2015, 06:16 PM
Post #837

Apex killer!

Nice weather here in Northern Nevada. After breakfast with Rand, and an hour or so at the shooting range, I drove it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

As usual, she purrs like a kitten, and roars like a lion! That 3.2 is music! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
McMark
post May 31 2015, 06:45 PM
Post #838

914 Freak!

The way the shadows are hitting the asphalt there, I can tell it's sitting 3mm higher, which means it's only got a four cylinder in it. Can't fool me using old pictures! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
Rand
post May 31 2015, 07:09 PM
Post #839

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

Next time we do breakfast, bring her. I still need a ride with the 3.2.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 31 2015, 07:29 PM
Post #840

Apex killer!

QUOTE(McMark @ May 31 2015, 03:45 PM) *

The way the shadows are hitting the asphalt there, I can tell it's sitting 3mm higher, which means it's only got a four cylinder in it. Can't fool me using old pictures! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I think you took this picture Mark. None-the-less, insert demeaning look here! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post

69 Pages V « < 40 41 42 43 44 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 01:06 AM