Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> fuel line crimper, who, where, what and how (much)?
brp986s
post Apr 3 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,167

I have a motronic system with lots of crimped fuel line connections that I'd like to replace. I really don't want to cut these off and replace with flaps hose clamps. It's my experience that the exposed ends start to get attacked by ozone in a hot engine bay and are good for a few years only. 'Course, I'm referring to these:

Attached Image

The questions are what and how. I poked around and found this doohickey which might do the job. Or not, I don't know. Crimping tool:

Attached Image

Or maybe there are other ways to get a high quality result. Anyone know? By the way, many of these lines incorporate metal tubes and brackets which are far too expensive to buy from Porsche or attempt to reproduce.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Apr 3 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #2

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

You might try a shop that fabricates hydraulic lines.
+Quote Post
brp986s
post Apr 3 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,167

QUOTE(9146986 @ Apr 3 2011, 11:53 AM) *

You might try a shop that fabricates hydraulic lines.

Are there places that do metric lines? If it were a couple separate lines it might be feasible for a shop to make them, but in this case there are a number of them that need to be made as an integrated system with proper orientations and so forth. Basically, you have to bring them the entire motronic system with intakes, fuel rails...the whole enchilada and let them have at it. That has me a little worried. So, I'd like to know if crimping these things is DIY.
+Quote Post
Krank
post Apr 3 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 10,922
Region Association: Canada

There should be some hydraulic hose shop in your area to do those lines. By the looks of them they are light duty DIN fittings (I could be wrong). If you bring them the hoses complete, they should be able to get the phasing of the fittings to match. If you do find a system to DIY, remember, hose and fitting must match (be compatible with) each other, get the crimp spec of the finished crimp to check your work.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 04:28 PM