Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel line crimper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brp986s
I have a motronic system with lots of crimped fuel line connections that I'd like to replace. I really don't want to cut these off and replace with flaps hose clamps. It's my experience that the exposed ends start to get attacked by ozone in a hot engine bay and are good for a few years only. 'Course, I'm referring to these:

Click to view attachment

The questions are what and how. I poked around and found this doohickey which might do the job. Or not, I don't know. Crimping tool:

Click to view attachment

Or maybe there are other ways to get a high quality result. Anyone know? By the way, many of these lines incorporate metal tubes and brackets which are far too expensive to buy from Porsche or attempt to reproduce.

IronHillRestorations
You might try a shop that fabricates hydraulic lines.
brp986s
QUOTE(9146986 @ Apr 3 2011, 11:53 AM) *

You might try a shop that fabricates hydraulic lines.

Are there places that do metric lines? If it were a couple separate lines it might be feasible for a shop to make them, but in this case there are a number of them that need to be made as an integrated system with proper orientations and so forth. Basically, you have to bring them the entire motronic system with intakes, fuel rails...the whole enchilada and let them have at it. That has me a little worried. So, I'd like to know if crimping these things is DIY.
Krank
There should be some hydraulic hose shop in your area to do those lines. By the looks of them they are light duty DIN fittings (I could be wrong). If you bring them the hoses complete, they should be able to get the phasing of the fittings to match. If you do find a system to DIY, remember, hose and fitting must match (be compatible with) each other, get the crimp spec of the finished crimp to check your work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.