Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lost 1st gear at track, Couldn't find it, time for rebuild
drew365
post Apr 13 2003, 08:25 PM
Post #1

These are the good old days!

Group: Members
Member No.: 37

I know we had a recent thread about gear box ratios and I got a lot of good info from it. But since I'm about to get mine rebuilt I thought I'd ask for anymore suggestions for a good track transmission. I have a 2.7 six, it has limited slip but I don't know what kind. It also has a straight pull clutch. Currently the car is for track only and I'm primarily running on a short road course at Streets of Willow. I think I want to set up this trans for the short track and if I get real serious set up a second trans for big tracks later. Two combos that I got from the previous thread and I'm considering are:
A,F,KA,R,Z and A,F,K,S,Z. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Apr 13 2003, 09:10 PM
Post #2

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE(drew365 @ Apr 13 2003, 06:25 PM)
I'm considering ...
A,F,KA,R,Z and A,F,K,S,Z.

A is -really- short for 1st, F a little short for a big 6 2nd. i'd think A would be completely unusable even in an autocross, and with the 2,7 you shouldn't have any troubles getting rolling.

maybe C and GA ? GA is the standard 914.6 2nd, so mainshafts are available without having to fork out big bucks for a 904 mainshaft (but yes, a little more $$ than keeping the stock /4 mainshaft...)

maybe you're running really tall tires ?
+Quote Post
drew365
post Apr 13 2003, 09:54 PM
Post #3

I'm running Hoosier 245/45/16 on the rear.
+Quote Post
drew365
post Apr 14 2003, 11:56 AM
Post #4

A is -really- short for 1st, F a little short for a big 6 2nd. i'd think A would be completely unusable even in an autocross, and with the 2,7 you shouldn't have any troubles getting rolling.

maybe C and GA ? GA is the standard 914.6 2nd, so mainshafts are available without having to fork out big bucks for a 904 mainshaft (but yes, a little more $$ than keeping the stock /4 mainshaft...)

A is the stock 1st and I never use it on the track to I will leave it the same.
Leaving GA which is the stock 2nd is probably a good idea to control cost.
If I do the 5th to 3rd swap for a KA 3rd is that a good move for a short track setup?
Then what about 4th and 5th, I'd like to move both down since my top speed on the straight will be about 110 to 120. Any help would be appreciated. This is all Greek to me and I'm Hungarian. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:41 AM