Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost 1st gear at track
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drew365
I know we had a recent thread about gear box ratios and I got a lot of good info from it. But since I'm about to get mine rebuilt I thought I'd ask for anymore suggestions for a good track transmission. I have a 2.7 six, it has limited slip but I don't know what kind. It also has a straight pull clutch. Currently the car is for track only and I'm primarily running on a short road course at Streets of Willow. I think I want to set up this trans for the short track and if I get real serious set up a second trans for big tracks later. Two combos that I got from the previous thread and I'm considering are:
A,F,KA,R,Z and A,F,K,S,Z. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. pray.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(drew365 @ Apr 13 2003, 06:25 PM)
I'm considering ...
A,F,KA,R,Z and A,F,K,S,Z.

A is -really- short for 1st, F a little short for a big 6 2nd. i'd think A would be completely unusable even in an autocross, and with the 2,7 you shouldn't have any troubles getting rolling.

maybe C and GA ? GA is the standard 914.6 2nd, so mainshafts are available without having to fork out big bucks for a 904 mainshaft (but yes, a little more $$ than keeping the stock /4 mainshaft...)

maybe you're running really tall tires ?
drew365
I'm running Hoosier 245/45/16 on the rear.
drew365
A is -really- short for 1st, F a little short for a big 6 2nd. i'd think A would be completely unusable even in an autocross, and with the 2,7 you shouldn't have any troubles getting rolling.

maybe C and GA ? GA is the standard 914.6 2nd, so mainshafts are available without having to fork out big bucks for a 904 mainshaft (but yes, a little more $$ than keeping the stock /4 mainshaft...)

A is the stock 1st and I never use it on the track to I will leave it the same.
Leaving GA which is the stock 2nd is probably a good idea to control cost.
If I do the 5th to 3rd swap for a KA 3rd is that a good move for a short track setup?
Then what about 4th and 5th, I'd like to move both down since my top speed on the straight will be about 110 to 120. Any help would be appreciated. This is all Greek to me and I'm Hungarian. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.