Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Re: The AA thead, Just some clarification
Pat Garvey
post Apr 8 2011, 07:14 PM
Post #1

Do I or don't I...........?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

I am NOT an Admin, and I do not speak as one!

I WAS a Moderator of a thread (read "moderator", as I quit for the third time).

I've taken a few days to ponder this. I love almost all you guys, but feel the "real" admins are not to my liking. If I can have no discourse without being shut down, then I can no longer have my say! I know it's a private forum, but if I can't support my friends without my threads being locked then I think I'm no longer needed here.

I've given this a heck of a lot of thoght.

The "admins" don't need or want me. That's OK. Your loss.

So, from this point on, you're on your own for originality input. I'm not quitting the site, but I'll be here rarely.

Hope you're hapy boys! You ran me away, simply because I couldn't support a friend! Nice job!

It's been about 20 minutes now, so you can safely shut this thread down.

Don't forget - I no longer Moderate the Originaity Forum.

Sorry. You forced my hand.
Pat

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
URY914
post Apr 8 2011, 07:21 PM
Post #2

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

No one forced anything. You did this on your own. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Apr 8 2011, 07:26 PM
Post #3

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 8 2011, 07:21 PM) *

No one forced anything. You did this on your own. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Yes I did. I take care of by friends,
+Quote Post
markb
post Apr 8 2011, 07:28 PM
Post #4

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 8 2011, 06:21 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Apr 8 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #5

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif)
+Quote Post
moparrob
Post #6

Member No.: 11,663

Damn, I saw the title AA thread and I suddenly got really thirsty for a beer...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
Post #7

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Wish you nothing but the best Pat. You made a choice though. You were not forced to do anything. The term flogging a dead horse comes to mind (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) .
+Quote Post
raw1298
post Apr 8 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 10,148
Region Association: Northern California

You know, lately I have been really been put off by threads like this. I feel like my wife switched the channel to Lifetime (which I call estrogen TV). This is for us to discuss the cars we love and how to keep them running. I personally feel if you have a problem with the way this site is ran you should PM the admins and stop TRYING to get everyone to pick sides. I have gotten nothing but great advice and parts when needed by everyone involved on this site. I really would like us all to get over this and start acting like adults again, lets talk about cars!!!! It is what this site is about and what got me to join in the first place. I love this place and hope you do too!
+Quote Post
URY914
post Apr 8 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #9

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222

I don't understand why you continue to let this shit get to you in such a manner. The entire reasoning behind this time out was clearly stated. In fact, more clearly than other issues at other times. The issue is dead and people have moved on. I fail to see what you want from all this. Do you even know yourself what would make this all go away and things in your mind be right again?
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Apr 8 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #10

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

Pat, you and I have been pretty frank with each other before so here goes.

get the fuck over it. You're taking all this WAY too personally. No one BANNED George, so could we all quit using that term please ? George was given a 30 day suspension. THat has been stated over and over. Just like the things George has done over and over to be presented with the time out.

No one bitched when Alfred was BANNED, no one bitched when Stromberg was BANNED, no one bitched when Alpha was banned/given a long time out. ALL of these things happend on the club site before the split, with several of the same admins we have now. Since then I can only recall RealRed being given a time out/ ban.

These sites have always been about the cars and the camaraderie, and when someone came in and disturbed that camaraderie, they were asked to stop what they were doing, they were then warned, they were then given a time out, they were then banned. George got the same exact treatment all of the other "sinners " got. He brushed off the complaints against him and continued down the same path. You are here enough to know how damn near every time a thread was started about AA or George, it got ugly as hell and got locked down. I was accused of my gestapo affiliations by Real Red due to the ECTK shut down of one of his threads. NONE of us that are regulars want this dischord.

Eric himself said it best when he said " I want to like George " I think that sentiment is reflected by most everyone here, but George sees to it with his actions, that many do not like him.

Do what you feel you have to do, but I for one would hate to see you leave. I consider you both a good friend, and a storehouse of knowledge. I hope to continue seeing you here, and I hope you come to Hershey so I can kick your ass for stirring this shit up again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
Rand
post Apr 8 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #11

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

Pat, you have a lot to offer the community and I hope you will rethink and continue to be a contributor.

It disturbs me that you suggest it's our loss if you aren't here. Most people with that level of arrogance/self pride have more hair on their balls.

Contribute because you believe in what you are doing and feel good about how you are helping others. With that mentality, the other BS goes out the window.
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Apr 8 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #12

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

WILL THOSE IN CHARGE ALWAYS AND FROM NOW ON MOVE ALL POSTS OF NON CAR RELATED ISSUES TO THE SANDBOX IMMEDIATELY. YES I'M GETTING PISSED OFF TOO. NOT AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR BUT I DON'T WANT THIS STUFF IN GARAGE.

I WANT TO READ ABOUT BLASTING DOWN THE ROAD IN A 3.2 914.

STOP IT OR THIS WILL END UP JUST LIKE THE OLD CLUB WITH EVERYONE TAKING SIDES AND BUSTING UP ALL THE FUN.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Ok. One Bourbon later I'm seeing more clearly. But let's clear all these threads out and get back to fun.

P.S. My long stand request. Move ALL vendors to Vendors. If nothing shows up here, we'll all get used to looking there every few days.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Apr 8 2011, 08:36 PM
Post #13

rust free you say ?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Hey Admins, can we get a bitch and moan forum for all the complaints and arguing ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Apr 8 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #14

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

Pat,
Hope that we'll see you around here.You are the king of the CWs!

Besides there is no known cure for our sickness!

Honestly, there is some benifit that I have seen here as far as developing product. The wheel caps were a prime example. I produced a product and found a diffency, I had several offers from those of you that had bought these to check fits, and also found out that there was more application than originally. The discussion and even call for product to be made ie the door lock bushings. I have found the flavor of the garage to be a very good incubator for new product developement. Others have followed in the same suit. IE A&P girls's hardware kit, and more. I do like to see what's going on, heck we even have group buys for tail light lens, fender flairs, and a call for a group buy for the Engman fuse pannels (of which I bought my second one thank you).

I think the problem we have here is more a matter of us getting along. I didn't see what got George the time out, but I have delt with the Admins and have found that they seem to be pretty rational people.

Regardless, a decision was made, right wrong or otherwise, as these people are volunteers and I know they take a signifiant portion of thier personl time to do this. But as long as I haven't stepped up to take on the challenges they have I have to support thier decision, or do exactly as Pat has and decide not to participate.

But really I h ope we can all just get along. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
moparrob
post Apr 8 2011, 08:41 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 11,663

We can call it the PMS forum, for when you are feeling like it is 'that time' of the month for you...
+Quote Post
raw1298
post Apr 8 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 10,148

QUOTE(moparrob @ Apr 8 2011, 07:41 PM) *

We can call it the PMS forum, for when you are feeling like it is 'that time' of the month for you...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Apr 8 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #17

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 8 2011, 07:36 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Hey Admins, can we get a bitch and moan forum for all the complaints and arguing ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

We already have that!

It's called "Recycle bin" ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Apr 8 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #18

rust free you say ?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Rand
post Apr 8 2011, 08:51 PM
Post #19

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573

QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 8 2011, 07:47 PM) *

Hey, that belongs in the originality forum. Asshat.
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Apr 8 2011, 08:55 PM
Post #20

rust free you say ?

QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 8 2011, 06:51 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 8 2011, 07:47 PM) *

Hey, that belongs in the originality forum. Asshat.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) Oh I've got some originality for ya. Asshat.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 05:35 PM