Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re: The AA thead
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Pat Garvey
I am NOT an Admin, and I do not speak as one!

I WAS a Moderator of a thread (read "moderator", as I quit for the third time).

I've taken a few days to ponder this. I love almost all you guys, but feel the "real" admins are not to my liking. If I can have no discourse without being shut down, then I can no longer have my say! I know it's a private forum, but if I can't support my friends without my threads being locked then I think I'm no longer needed here.

I've given this a heck of a lot of thoght.

The "admins" don't need or want me. That's OK. Your loss.

So, from this point on, you're on your own for originality input. I'm not quitting the site, but I'll be here rarely.

Hope you're hapy boys! You ran me away, simply because I couldn't support a friend! Nice job!

It's been about 20 minutes now, so you can safely shut this thread down.

Don't forget - I no longer Moderate the Originaity Forum.

Sorry. You forced my hand.
Pat

URY914
No one forced anything. You did this on your own. rolleyes.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 8 2011, 07:21 PM) *

Yes I did. I take care of by friends,
markb
QUOTE(URY914 @ Apr 8 2011, 06:21 PM) *

agree.gif
SLITS
stromberg.gif
moparrob
Damn, I saw the title AA thread and I suddenly got really thirsty for a beer...

beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif
JRust
Wish you nothing but the best Pat. You made a choice though. You were not forced to do anything. The term flogging a dead horse comes to mind idea.gif .
raw1298
You know, lately I have been really been put off by threads like this. I feel like my wife switched the channel to Lifetime (which I call estrogen TV). This is for us to discuss the cars we love and how to keep them running. I personally feel if you have a problem with the way this site is ran you should PM the admins and stop TRYING to get everyone to pick sides. I have gotten nothing but great advice and parts when needed by everyone involved on this site. I really would like us all to get over this and start acting like adults again, lets talk about cars!!!! It is what this site is about and what got me to join in the first place. I love this place and hope you do too!
URY914
I don't understand why you continue to let this shit get to you in such a manner. The entire reasoning behind this time out was clearly stated. In fact, more clearly than other issues at other times. The issue is dead and people have moved on. I fail to see what you want from all this. Do you even know yourself what would make this all go away and things in your mind be right again?
scotty b
Pat, you and I have been pretty frank with each other before so here goes.

get the fuck over it. You're taking all this WAY too personally. No one BANNED George, so could we all quit using that term please ? George was given a 30 day suspension. THat has been stated over and over. Just like the things George has done over and over to be presented with the time out.

No one bitched when Alfred was BANNED, no one bitched when Stromberg was BANNED, no one bitched when Alpha was banned/given a long time out. ALL of these things happend on the club site before the split, with several of the same admins we have now. Since then I can only recall RealRed being given a time out/ ban.

These sites have always been about the cars and the camaraderie, and when someone came in and disturbed that camaraderie, they were asked to stop what they were doing, they were then warned, they were then given a time out, they were then banned. George got the same exact treatment all of the other "sinners " got. He brushed off the complaints against him and continued down the same path. You are here enough to know how damn near every time a thread was started about AA or George, it got ugly as hell and got locked down. I was accused of my gestapo affiliations by Real Red due to the ECTK shut down of one of his threads. NONE of us that are regulars want this dischord.

Eric himself said it best when he said " I want to like George " I think that sentiment is reflected by most everyone here, but George sees to it with his actions, that many do not like him.

Do what you feel you have to do, but I for one would hate to see you leave. I consider you both a good friend, and a storehouse of knowledge. I hope to continue seeing you here, and I hope you come to Hershey so I can kick your ass for stirring this shit up again poke.gif
Rand
Pat, you have a lot to offer the community and I hope you will rethink and continue to be a contributor.

It disturbs me that you suggest it's our loss if you aren't here. Most people with that level of arrogance/self pride have more hair on their balls.

Contribute because you believe in what you are doing and feel good about how you are helping others. With that mentality, the other BS goes out the window.
bandjoey
WILL THOSE IN CHARGE ALWAYS AND FROM NOW ON MOVE ALL POSTS OF NON CAR RELATED ISSUES TO THE SANDBOX IMMEDIATELY. YES I'M GETTING PISSED OFF TOO. NOT AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR BUT I DON'T WANT THIS STUFF IN GARAGE.

I WANT TO READ ABOUT BLASTING DOWN THE ROAD IN A 3.2 914.

STOP IT OR THIS WILL END UP JUST LIKE THE OLD CLUB WITH EVERYONE TAKING SIDES AND BUSTING UP ALL THE FUN.

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

Ok. One Bourbon later I'm seeing more clearly. But let's clear all these threads out and get back to fun.

P.S. My long stand request. Move ALL vendors to Vendors. If nothing shows up here, we'll all get used to looking there every few days.

grouphug.gif grouphug.gif grouphug.gif
scotty b
idea.gif Hey Admins, can we get a bitch and moan forum for all the complaints and arguing ? rolleyes.gif poke.gif
Mikey914
Pat,
Hope that we'll see you around here.You are the king of the CWs!

Besides there is no known cure for our sickness!

Honestly, there is some benifit that I have seen here as far as developing product. The wheel caps were a prime example. I produced a product and found a diffency, I had several offers from those of you that had bought these to check fits, and also found out that there was more application than originally. The discussion and even call for product to be made ie the door lock bushings. I have found the flavor of the garage to be a very good incubator for new product developement. Others have followed in the same suit. IE A&P girls's hardware kit, and more. I do like to see what's going on, heck we even have group buys for tail light lens, fender flairs, and a call for a group buy for the Engman fuse pannels (of which I bought my second one thank you).

I think the problem we have here is more a matter of us getting along. I didn't see what got George the time out, but I have delt with the Admins and have found that they seem to be pretty rational people.

Regardless, a decision was made, right wrong or otherwise, as these people are volunteers and I know they take a signifiant portion of thier personl time to do this. But as long as I haven't stepped up to take on the challenges they have I have to support thier decision, or do exactly as Pat has and decide not to participate.

But really I h ope we can all just get along. beer3.gif
moparrob
We can call it the PMS forum, for when you are feeling like it is 'that time' of the month for you...
raw1298
QUOTE(moparrob @ Apr 8 2011, 07:41 PM) *

We can call it the PMS forum, for when you are feeling like it is 'that time' of the month for you...

biggrin.gif lol-2.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 8 2011, 07:36 PM) *
idea.gif Hey Admins, can we get a bitch and moan forum for all the complaints and arguing ? rolleyes.gif poke.gif

We already have that!

It's called "Recycle bin" ... rolleyes.gif
scotty b
Rand
QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 8 2011, 07:47 PM) *

Hey, that belongs in the originality forum. Asshat.
scotty b
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 8 2011, 06:51 PM) *

slap.gif Oh I've got some originality for ya. Asshat.
Rand
laugh.gif
Damn fuchin admins. Messing with reality.
Yeah, that stuff in your paint you call pearl?
Well its not what you think.
Lou W
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 8 2011, 06:59 PM) *

Pat, you have a lot to offer the community and I hope you will rethink and continue to be a contributor.

Contribute because you believe in what you are doing and feel good about how you are helping others. With that mentality, the other BS goes out the window.

agree.gif Very Good Point smile.gif
914itis
QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 8 2011, 10:55 PM) *

I was enjoying the drama for a few days and kept my silence as a newbie, but I think that this is going on for too long now, it’s time to put this behind as suggested other members and move on..

Pat, I truly wish you rethink your decision and stay, every member is another leg of the site that makes it stay strong, and I bet you, George will not quit being here; he will be right back with us after what? 23 days....... so why quit yourself?
MDG
I hope someone trims that pups claws. They're too long and they will hurt his feet unsure.gif He's gonna end up on little doggy jackstands and Dobermans will run by doing burnouts just to tease him mad.gif Might even leave little stains on the floor while he just sits there . . waiting. Eventually his owner will "get burnt out" on the project and throw a cover over him. Pretty soon he'll be forgotten.

Good God I can't wait until my car is done.
Rand
I want out of this. I participated too much. My bad. Please make it stop now.
carr914
Pat, you are Drama Queen. This is the umpth Thread that you started saying that are Quitting. If you want to go away, go away (not that I want you to)

It is not our loss, it is yours

T.C.
Rusty
Pat,

Thanks for all your constructive contributions here. I hope you find someplace that's more to your liking.

take care,
Rusty
MoveQik
Since we are beating a dead horse, does anyone know what size wheels will fit under stock fenders? Thx!
sixnotfour
Just like raising kids , Sometimes a little time out is required.... reality check.......boundry check and balance.......attitude adjustment.

Or a good spanking.....oops thats was the sixty's.

Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs
Fuchin' up the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign..

Yup theres rules to play by, flag.gif
914 shifter
ok i'm leaving bitches WTF.gif mad.gif just kidding lol-2.gif
SLITS
I'm gonna bail too! After all the years of participation, all I do is get picked on for dirty cars. I have never been awarded COM or won any of the prizes at the gatherings. I have run out of good parts so I no longer have any "friends". My car is not as fast as some.

I will no longer allow my car to leave oil spots on your pristine concrete.

Soylent Green is my future.

bye1.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Apr 9 2011, 07:26 AM) *

Since we are beating a dead horse, does anyone know what size wheels will fit under stock fenders? Thx!

The answer to your question is yes. Several people know what size wheels fit under stock fenders... biggrin.gif

See, now that is what this place is all about. The exchange of valuable information. blink.gif

Oh, and you're welcome.
Rusty
Well played, Rob. smile.gif

IPB Image
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rusty @ Apr 9 2011, 07:55 AM) *

Well played, Rob. smile.gif

IPB Image

Thank you sir biggrin.gif
dw914er
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 9 2011, 08:49 AM) *

The answer to your question is yes. Several people know what size wheels fit under stock fenders... biggrin.gif

See, now that is what this place is all about. The exchange of valuable information. blink.gif

Oh, and you're welcome.

av-943.gif av-943.gif laugh.gif
76-914
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Apr 8 2011, 06:34 PM) *

You know, lately I have been really been put off by threads like this. I feel like my wife switched the channel to Lifetime (which I call estrogen TV). This is for us to discuss the cars we love and how to keep them running. I personally feel if you have a problem with the way this site is ran you should PM the admins and stop TRYING to get everyone to pick sides. I have gotten nothing but great advice and parts when needed by everyone involved on this site. I really would like us all to get over this and start acting like adults again, lets talk about cars!!!! It is what this site is about and what got me to join in the first place. I love this place and hope you do too!

agree.gif 100%. This is all sheeplove.gif bs.gif Lock it, delete it and lets get back to building.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 9 2011, 08:43 AM) *

I'm gonna bail too! After all the years of participation, all I do is get picked on for dirty cars. I have never been awarded COM or won any of the prizes at the gatherings. I have run out of good parts so I no longer have any "friends". My car is not as fast as some.

bye1.gif

Oh sure, you've never been COTM. How about always being runner up dry.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 9 2011, 11:44 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 9 2011, 08:43 AM) *

bye1.gif

Oh sure, you've never been COTM. How about always being runner up dry.gif

At least you have been nominated. slap.gif
Gint
Pat, I hold no ill will towards you at all and hope nothing but the best for you. I'll be honest though, I do think you're kooky. And this constant thirst for drama is really getting old. I would like you to stay, but only because you want to and only if you can quit making posts like this.

You're recent posts that have been closed weren't closed because of anything you did specifically. It's due more to the content of your posts and the content of the corresponding replies from other members. The entire thread gets out of hand and then gets closed.

Go or stay, it's entirely up to you. Best of luck to you.
KELTY360
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 9 2011, 07:43 AM) *

bye1.gif

See now, that's just not true. You get picked on for way more than dirty cars. Some say you're old, some say you're short, some say you only know how to use one finger, some even say you don't smell so good. So what are you complaining about? slap.gif Can't you tell how much we love you, or do you need it spelled out? finger.gif

Please don't go Ron, we won't have anyone left to kick around. alfred.gif grouphug.gif
messix
QUOTE(ppetion @ Apr 8 2011, 08:14 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 8 2011, 10:55 PM) *

I was enjoying the drama for a few days and kept my silence as a newbie, but I think that this is going on for too long now, it’s time to put this behind as suggested other members and move on..

Pat, I truly wish you rethink your decision and stay, every member is another leg of the site that makes it stay strong, and I bet you, George will not quit being here; he will be right back with us after what? 23 days....... so why quit yourself?

Whoa there newbie! chair.gif

you just back up the attitude!

you haven't been around long enough to start talking smack to a founding member of the AHA! slap.gif

talking smack like that will most definitely make you the new target boy of the AHA, that might not be the kind of attention that you want! sheeplove.gif

please search AHA or "asshat association" or ass hats anonymous. shades.gif

messix
hey Pat watch a episode of mayberry, take your Geritol, put on some clean panties and chill out.....

you are getting worked up about something that must have been a overwhelming opinion from people here that george was not playing nice here, and was not expelled from the playground but was sent to the corner for a time out.

i found that when he poached ap girls idea of selling complete fastener kits to be such low blow and bad mannered move that my opinion of him sank even lower.

now all of this drama has caused such a bunch of bullshit that it will be very unlikely that george will come back here [and he started this drama by posting the e=mail].

if he took his time out like a good boy and came back afterward most wouldn't have noticed.

george has caused his own problems and does not deserve to have people like you defending him.

i take you as a crusty old fart with a treasure chest of knowledge and experience that loves these cars. don't let some one elses problems cause you to lose freinds that you deserve.
Rand
Hey Troy, you coming to WCR in Medford?
messix
QUOTE(Rand @ Apr 9 2011, 11:25 AM) *

Hey Troy, you coming to WCR in Medford?

nope

fun fund got raided by attorney payments.
MoveQik

Oh, and you're welcome.

You see, THIS is exactly the wise arse crap that I am sick of! Can't you be serious for one minute? I am out of here! AND it is your loss!! bootyshake.gif biggrin.gif

Damn Rob, I should have seen that one coming. beerchug.gif
Steve
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Apr 9 2011, 01:18 PM) *

Oh, and you're welcome.

You see, THIS is exactly the wise arse crap that I am sick of! Can't you be serious for one minute? I am out of here! AND it is your loss!! bootyshake.gif biggrin.gif

Umm, I think stock wheels and tires fit under stock fenders. Let me check my haynes manual and get back to you to make sure.
idea.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Apr 9 2011, 12:18 PM) *

Oh, and you're welcome.

Let's see... George is out. (sort of, he has aliases) Wills is out, Slits is out, Pat is out... Who else wants a piece of this dry.gif lol-2.gif
FlatIV
If you could block me from seeing the sight for a period of time I might be in.

That way instead of being on here I might get some work done on my car.

smile.gif

Andrew
zymurgist
QUOTE(ppetion @ Apr 8 2011, 11:14 PM) *

agree.gif

Rusty
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.