Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Familiar teener on the bay, Beware
ninefourteener
post May 6 2004, 10:49 AM
Post #1

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 779

Hi folks!

Just figured it was my civic duty to tell what I know of this car.

Now.. I certainly don't want to offend anyone if its their car, and with all due respect, it has been over a year since I saw this car. There is a chance that extensive work has been done to it... but I still see familiar things.

I rented a trailer, and drove all the way to East Cincinnati (from St. Louis) a little over a year ago, cash in pocket, to buy this car. A silver flared car, GT bumbers, and a whale-tail spoiler.

When I arrived, I discoverd that the owner was really a junkyard owner, and this was one of his many POS's. The "owner" never actually showed up, probably because he so highly misrepresented this car.

Notice the "wire" coming out of the back bumper.. that was the "pull-cord" drilled through the car to get the rear trunk open. There were porsche and 914 emblems drilled into the bumper tops. The paint was not silver.. it was 1 step above grey primer. The flares are fiberglass, and shittily put on, you can see the bad bondo job on all 4 corners.

The engine was COVERED in trash, leaves, water, rust, and all sorts of other shit. Once one of the toothless, overall-wearing junkyard workers pumped up 2 of the tires, and it took about 20 minutes to get it started. It was LOUD. The guy tried to convince me that it was a performance exhaust... but after inspection of the underside, I discovered that the exaust was loud because it was more NOT there than it was there (severe rust holes). It had a 4-tip exhaust, so it looks like that may have been changed.. but I can still see the rear trunk WAY out of whack.

Worst part... NOT ONE SINGLE panel on the entire car lined up. Not the doors, not the trunks (broken latches, bent hinges), not the bumpers.... NOTHING. The car looked like it was pieced together by a crackhead in a rush for his next fix..... this is in addition to the shitty bondo-job on the flares.

With all due respect, the interior wasn't too bad at all. Not original, but pretty nice.

Again.. Perhaps the guy that bought it (after I left that place in a fit of rage after a 7 hour drive) has done EXTENSIVE work on it..... but judging from close inspection of the pics.. doesn't look like it.

Use your best judgement... I'm just trying to help a potential buyer out.

Matt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2477049702&rd=1
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 05:27 AM