Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> won't start, will start.....
mipstien
post Apr 13 2011, 07:47 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,576
Region Association: South East States

Weird problem started about 3 days ago. in the mornings, around 9:30am i go to start my car and it doesn't start. weather has been 50-60 with no humidity 3 days ago then yesterday it was cold and raining and today about 50 with a lot of humidity.
when i get home around 3:30pm it starts fine. its obviously a lot hotter. although yesterday it was still very cold and raining. my 5th injector isn't plugged up right now cause i don't have the temperature control plug connected so it has no ground.

anyways, this morning i got it running by putting a tiny tiny bit of gas in one of the vacuum lines. less than a teaspoon probably. it may not have even been the gas that time it may just have been i let it sit for approx 5 minutes and it decided to run. my fuel pump is working fine and i put gas in it yesterday so its about half a tank. it has started up in its parking spot fine all winter long. its turning over fine and it seems to be getting fuel. the only thing i haven't checked is the spark. i can't say that its getting fuel and spark at this point cause i don't know 100% with either of these. i was more wondering if anyone else has a won't start in the morning but starts after the day heats up type of thing?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Apr 13 2011, 08:02 AM
Post #2

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

If everything is working properly, it should start every time regardless of temp or humidity. I would look at the AAR valve. The cold start valve doesn't kick in till about 35 degrees F.
+Quote Post
Bartlett 914
post Apr 13 2011, 08:27 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,707
Region Association: Upper MidWest

This is where a fuel pressure gauge comes in handy. You cannot really tell if you have pressure without one. I had the same problem. My relay board would sometimes not let the fuel pump run. With the gauge installed in the engine compartment, I could immediately see that the problem was fuel and I went from there. Installing a gauge is cheap and easy. Here is a thread on this subject.

Fuel pressure gauge
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:43 AM