Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: won't start, will start.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mipstien
Weird problem started about 3 days ago. in the mornings, around 9:30am i go to start my car and it doesn't start. weather has been 50-60 with no humidity 3 days ago then yesterday it was cold and raining and today about 50 with a lot of humidity.
when i get home around 3:30pm it starts fine. its obviously a lot hotter. although yesterday it was still very cold and raining. my 5th injector isn't plugged up right now cause i don't have the temperature control plug connected so it has no ground.

anyways, this morning i got it running by putting a tiny tiny bit of gas in one of the vacuum lines. less than a teaspoon probably. it may not have even been the gas that time it may just have been i let it sit for approx 5 minutes and it decided to run. my fuel pump is working fine and i put gas in it yesterday so its about half a tank. it has started up in its parking spot fine all winter long. its turning over fine and it seems to be getting fuel. the only thing i haven't checked is the spark. i can't say that its getting fuel and spark at this point cause i don't know 100% with either of these. i was more wondering if anyone else has a won't start in the morning but starts after the day heats up type of thing?
TheCabinetmaker
If everything is working properly, it should start every time regardless of temp or humidity. I would look at the AAR valve. The cold start valve doesn't kick in till about 35 degrees F.
Bartlett 914
This is where a fuel pressure gauge comes in handy. You cannot really tell if you have pressure without one. I had the same problem. My relay board would sometimes not let the fuel pump run. With the gauge installed in the engine compartment, I could immediately see that the problem was fuel and I went from there. Installing a gauge is cheap and easy. Here is a thread on this subject.

Fuel pressure gauge
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.