Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Odd noise, Need suggestions
jeffdon
post Apr 13 2011, 12:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,087
Region Association: None

Took the car for a spin yesterday and noticed an intermittent clunk/knock that seems to be coming from the left rear. Its about the same pitch and timbre of someone knocking on the bottom of a coffee can, and I cannot correlate it to engine speed, car speed, bumps, on decel, on acel, nothing. Its seem quite random. Thought maybe the top tin on the left air filter (carbed car) was hopping around, but its tight. Cannot see anything else loose under the car.

Anyone have any ideas what else i should look for? The car is running quite well, but the noise has me paranoid.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
markb
post Apr 13 2011, 12:13 PM
Post #2

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Apr 13 2011, 11:03 AM) *

Took the car for a spin yesterday and noticed an intermittent clunk/knock that seems to be coming from the left rear. Its about the same pitch and timbre of someone knocking on the bottom of a coffee can, and I cannot correlate it to engine speed, car speed, bumps, on decel, on acel, nothing. Its seem quite random. Thought maybe the top tin on the left air filter (carbed car) was hopping around, but its tight. Cannot see anything else loose under the car.

Anyone have any ideas what else i should look for? The car is running quite well, but the noise has me paranoid.

Loose shock?
+Quote Post
jeffdon
post Apr 13 2011, 12:23 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,087
Region Association: None

QUOTE(markb @ Apr 13 2011, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Apr 13 2011, 11:03 AM) *

Loose shock?

Hmm. That bears checking. It lived on jack stands for a year, so maybe one did not seat right when I lowered her back down. Come to think of it, I need to also go check and see if my relay board cover is tightened down.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Apr 13 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #4

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Check your wheel bolts, calipers, rear trans mounts & exhaust too ??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
messix
post Apr 13 2011, 06:53 PM
Post #5

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

your truck monkey is hungry, let him out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
euro911
post Apr 14 2011, 10:46 PM
Post #6

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) Don't laugh ... my wife bought me a Trunk Monkey

Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 02:20 AM