Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Odd noise
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
Took the car for a spin yesterday and noticed an intermittent clunk/knock that seems to be coming from the left rear. Its about the same pitch and timbre of someone knocking on the bottom of a coffee can, and I cannot correlate it to engine speed, car speed, bumps, on decel, on acel, nothing. Its seem quite random. Thought maybe the top tin on the left air filter (carbed car) was hopping around, but its tight. Cannot see anything else loose under the car.

Anyone have any ideas what else i should look for? The car is running quite well, but the noise has me paranoid.
markb
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Apr 13 2011, 11:03 AM) *

Took the car for a spin yesterday and noticed an intermittent clunk/knock that seems to be coming from the left rear. Its about the same pitch and timbre of someone knocking on the bottom of a coffee can, and I cannot correlate it to engine speed, car speed, bumps, on decel, on acel, nothing. Its seem quite random. Thought maybe the top tin on the left air filter (carbed car) was hopping around, but its tight. Cannot see anything else loose under the car.

Anyone have any ideas what else i should look for? The car is running quite well, but the noise has me paranoid.

Loose shock?
jeffdon
QUOTE(markb @ Apr 13 2011, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Apr 13 2011, 11:03 AM) *

Loose shock?

Hmm. That bears checking. It lived on jack stands for a year, so maybe one did not seat right when I lowered her back down. Come to think of it, I need to also go check and see if my relay board cover is tightened down.
euro911
Check your wheel bolts, calipers, rear trans mounts & exhaust too ??? confused24.gif
messix
your truck monkey is hungry, let him out happy11.gif
euro911
slap.gif Don't laugh ... my wife bought me a Trunk Monkey

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.