Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Had a blast today, AX-ing on mothersday
Jeroen
post May 9 2004, 04:47 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

A friend of mine, who owns a indy-porsche shop organised an "aniversary" AX today
There were (only) 21 cars, so we got a shitload of driving time

First we did a couple of un-timed sessions, so every body could play around

After that, we all got to drive an old beater 924 that the shop-owner brought to the event
For the occasion, he put a set of slicks on it and yellow koni's
Other than that, it was dead stock

The idea was to have every body drive a timed lap in the 924. That way, we could REALLY compare times

I was pretty proud of my results. I ended up in 4th place, which I figure is pretty good seen the competition

#1 ... 1.02.28 (my friend the shop owner, a licenced and experienced racing driver)
#2 ... 1.02.44 (a licenced and experienced racing driver)
#3 ... 1.02.47 (a licenced and experienced racing driver and regional AX champion)
#4 ... 1.02.87 (me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif))
#5 ... 1.04.31

Beyond that, I worked the grid, instructed some AX-newbies and got to drive a veriety of p-cars

We had a blast!
The weather was great, the atmosphere was great, lots of fun, lots of driving and to top it all off... it was free
The shop-owner payed for the event, cause it was the 10th aniversary of his shop

I even got the wife to drive the course (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

cheers,

Jeroen
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:12 AM