Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Had a blast today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
A friend of mine, who owns a indy-porsche shop organised an "aniversary" AX today
There were (only) 21 cars, so we got a shitload of driving time

First we did a couple of un-timed sessions, so every body could play around

After that, we all got to drive an old beater 924 that the shop-owner brought to the event
For the occasion, he put a set of slicks on it and yellow koni's
Other than that, it was dead stock

The idea was to have every body drive a timed lap in the 924. That way, we could REALLY compare times

I was pretty proud of my results. I ended up in 4th place, which I figure is pretty good seen the competition

#1 ... 1.02.28 (my friend the shop owner, a licenced and experienced racing driver)
#2 ... 1.02.44 (a licenced and experienced racing driver)
#3 ... 1.02.47 (a licenced and experienced racing driver and regional AX champion)
#4 ... 1.02.87 (me biggrin.gif)
#5 ... 1.04.31

Beyond that, I worked the grid, instructed some AX-newbies and got to drive a veriety of p-cars

We had a blast!
The weather was great, the atmosphere was great, lots of fun, lots of driving and to top it all off... it was free
The shop-owner payed for the event, cause it was the 10th aniversary of his shop

I even got the wife to drive the course clap56.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Bleyseng
What about Zoe? Did she get to ride along? thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Trekkor
Pictures?
Jeroen
I didn't shoot any pics myself... the battery in my camera is busted sad.gif
I'm sure I'll get pics soon though

We didn't bring Zoey along (she stayed at grandma and grandpa's)
An AX where 20 something guys are going bazurk with their toys is not the kind of place to have a 3 year old running around...
Don't worry though, she's got more P-events in her future than she bargained for biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Gint
Sounds great Jeroen. Motivation to get the 914 goin too eh?

PICS!
J P Stein
Does Jeroen have a 914?

I seem to recall some pics (way back) of a pile of rust
then occasional pics of some nice parts laugh.gif

I think there was some hope of putting all the stuff in formation and making it fly, but it's been sooo long ago...
seanery
He replaced the big pile o rust with a smaller rustpile. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.