Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Bitch of a weekend, Changing input shaft seal
DNHunt
post May 10 2004, 09:24 AM
Post #1

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 598

Spent Friday night until 10pm, Saturday morning starting at 4 until 8, Saturday night from 3 until 10 amost of yesterday working on the car. When I got the tranny off the old seal was hard as a rock and starting to break. SOB refused to come out and I had to drill holes in it and screw in screws to get it out.It had been done before as there were some nicks in the bore. I cleaned it up as best I could and put in a new seal.

Cleaned up some other stuff. Dragging right rear brake (adjusted venting) clesned up cable runs, cleaned grounds, new hi torque starter.

Put the engine and tranny back in and it wouldn't fire. Fuel pump ran, but no fuel.
I checked the wires and I had made the same mistake as the last time I dropped the engine. I HOOKED IT UP BACKWARDS. The red hot lead has a black connector crimped to it and the black ground has a red connector crimped to it. DOH, stupid CO (current owner). Took a while to prime but then it went.

Wife was pretty upset about Mother's day but, she's got a little time to cool off before WCC and she doesn't want my son and I to have car troubles on the way down. (Ya, right is that possible?)

Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 07:21 AM