Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT Anyone in the DE/PA area?, We might be moving :)
Kerrys914
post May 10 2004, 08:21 PM
Post #1

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

We are looking at moving to the DE/PA area soon. I'll be up in the area this weekend checking out things.

I might be working in Philly and the wife closer to Wilmington.

Any nice areas to look at between the two?

Cheers
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mistro
post May 10 2004, 09:24 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,786
Region Association: None

Between Philadelphia and Wilmington is Centerville in DE. Chateau country big $$$. Better alternative is Chadds Ford, PA use to be horse country when I lived there. Growing up fast but still I think a heck of a value imho. Good luck. Say hello to the ex wife!
+Quote Post
Joe.D
post May 10 2004, 09:34 PM
Post #3

MCMLXXIII MCCM

Member No.: 830

Philly's a pretty big place - can you be a bit more specific?

Nice places north of Wilmington, along the DE/PA border - Hockesing DE, Chadds Ford, up thorough West Chester PA. Some towns in Delaware county, not too far from I-95 would be Walingford, and Media, which is the county seat, and nice town. Do you want "small town", suburban development, or formerly rural environment?

Joe
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post May 10 2004, 09:43 PM
Post #4

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I'd echo Wallingford, Media, Brandywine and Chadds Ford areas... right on the ole border and in the middle of what you both would be doing. I believe it's 322 that runs through Chadds Ford and hits 95 around Wilmington.
+Quote Post
JerryP
post May 11 2004, 06:28 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,225

All good suggestions. As stated, It depends alot on what you are looking for and what price range you want. You can find pretty much all types of living in the area with access to both cities. I live pretty much right between Philly and Delaware. I've appraised about 5,000 homes over the last 12 years in the exact area you are talking about. If you need any info, let me know. I have access to pretty much all the open market data and Multiple Listing Service stuff as well as a large database of builder specs and development info. If you are in the area, you can come to my office and browse all you want with no pressure. I don't sell, just appraise. Good luck. We need more teeners out this way.

Jerry
piombinoassociates@comcast.net
+Quote Post
Kerrys914
post May 11 2004, 08:33 AM
Post #6

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Member No.: 16

Thanks guys...

I maybe working in Philly and the wife in Wilmington, De area so between the two would be great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) We are looking for a nice are that we can take a walk at night without have shots taken at us (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Jerry you have mail (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
vortrex
post May 11 2004, 08:50 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 4
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Va914 @ May 11 2004, 06:33 AM)
We are looking for a nice are that we can take a walk at night without have shots taken at us (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

better cross philly off your list!

my coworker lives in media and he likes it a lot, seems to be in between a lot. you are also close to the airport there. philly is very large and sprawling, do you know what area you'd be working in? you can have a huge difference in your commute depending on where in philly you need to go.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 02:40 PM